OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
In age of Trump, evangelicals back self-styled top U.S. pimp
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...=Feed:+reuters/topNews+(News+/+US+/+Top+News)

"He styles himself as America’s best-known pimp, a strip-club owner who runs multiple brothels and looks set to win a seat as a Republican in the Nevada legislature with the blessing of many conservative Christian voters."

"Meet Dennis Hof, whose political rise reflects fundamental changes in electoral norms that have roiled the Republican Party and upended American politics during the era of President Donald Trump."

“This really is the Trump movement,” Hof, 71, told Reuters in an interview at Moonlite BunnyRanch, his brothel near Carson City in northern Nevada that was featured on the HBO reality television series “Cathouse.”

“People will set aside for a moment their moral beliefs, their religious beliefs, to get somebody that is honest in office,” he said. “Trump is the trailblazer, he is the Christopher Columbus of honest politics.”

the word "honest" has absolutely no relation to trump. he is the modern day version of Budd Dwyer. too bad he can't end like Dwyer.

“People will set aside for a moment their moral beliefs, their religious beliefs, to get somebody that is honest in office,” he said. “Trump is the trailblazer, he is the Christopher Columbus of honest politics.”

In this context, I believe that the term "honest" means someone who makes it OK to freely express those racist, homophobic, bigoted, and otherwise unsavory opinions one had to conceal in polite company prior to the current malignant political environment.

http://www.businessinsider.com/michael-cohen-tom-arnold-trump-tapes-2018-6

"This dude has all the tapes — this dude has everything," Arnold said. "I say to Michael: 'Guess what? We're taking Trump down together,' and he's so tired he's like, 'OK,' and his wife is like, 'OK, f--- Trump.'"
that would be great, if it's
a) real. real corroborative info.
b) would actually happen.

but it does kind of sound like cohen is "sending up flairs" to trump to help him or else. which means he could sit there and take it all, and then get a pardon, unless some of the charges are, in fact, state charges. then he's toast and he better have something better to hand over than that russian lawyer/meeting.

In this context, I believe that the term "honest" means someone who makes it OK to freely express those racist, homophobic, bigoted, and otherwise unsavory opinions one had to conceal in polite company prior to the current malignant political environment.

yea, i guess that's one (convoluted) definition of 'honest'.

Pew study finds Americans can’t tell fact from opinion
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/392870-pew-study-finds-americans-cant-tell-fact-from-opinion

This is true of both the left and right, which should be no surprise to anyone these days.
with all the different outlets of information and the different levels of actual fact in each different outlet, it's no wonder that the truth is blurred all over the place.
and the outlets run the gamut from high confidence of truthfulness to absolute utter bullshit.

with all the different outlets of information and the different levels of actual fact in each different outlet, it's no wonder that the truth is blurred all over the place.
and the outlets run the gamut from high confidence of truthfulness to absolute utter bullshit.

I think your basic college undergrad experience introduced most of us to the idea of valid and invalid news sources (before the internet for me). If anyone has had any introduction to doing basic research those issues are pretty much non-existent. Just like most professors will warn new grad students to not cite any vanity publisher books, they also do not allow citations from the internet or wikipedia. This new controversy has arisen from uneducated people who suddenly have political opinions and doesn't call into question all of the journalists from Columbia or other fine journalism schools who are toiling to gather information and write meaningful articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back