MWGL Photography thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic Rock...

3fc855ddce9f593d2dac088d3f1c147a.jpg

8a706d0937f4236e178b77d1699665e2.jpg

so......strat on the silver mountain?? :grin:
There is indeed known to be Silver in these here hills. Some of the old mining tracks are still visible from the roads. I'll have to get some good pictures of them.

Did you hear banjos playing when you took that :grin:

Was down at the bbc scotland building a couple of days ago just before sunset so took a couple of pics

Finnieston crane, clyde arc (or squinty bridge as its called) over the clyde
nYzJlS6.jpg

The paddle steamer Waverley and just behind it is the TS Queen Mary, another clyde steamer that is undergoing restoration, at the science centre

68kweOc.jpg

I abseiled off the crane years ago for charidee. I'd probably let the Africans starve now if you asked me to do it again :embarrassed:

15039726_1343774135640916_8630390002969398784_o.jpg

Found myself at Bowling today which is where the Clyde/Forth Canal starts. Was hoping for a better sunset but it was too cloudy

There's a small disused harbour with a few broken boats, but it was fenced off so couldn't get close to the boats apart from this one

5EnkEYd.jpg

One of the lock arms onto the Forth of Clyde

RQIsEpf.jpg

obelisk memorial to Henry Bell apparently :) Thought it was a church spire when i was there. "Henry Bell (7 April 1767 – 14 March 1830) was a Scottish engineer known for introducing the first successful passenger steamboat service in Europe." Never heard of the cunt
JQqRX5C.jpg

some berths for boats
7I1JYmQ.jpg

damaged harbour wall
2jY2v0Z.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics man. I used to cycle from Cambuslang to pick up my wages from an old DJ agency near Possil. One time I juked off onto the canal path and cycled up to Bowling.

Nice pics man. I used to cycle from Cambuslang to pick up my wages from an old DJ agency near Possil. One time I juked off onto the canal path and cycled up to Bowling.

I've thought about cycling the whole thing once or twice but not done it yet. The thinking being it would be very flat which for an unfit fat bastard like me might make it tolerable. It doesn't really go through the most picturesque areas though :)

I've thought about cycling the whole thing once or twice but not done it yet. The thinking being it would be very flat which for an unfit fat bastard like me might make it tolerable. It doesn't really go through the most picturesque areas though :)

No it's pretty fucking grim. I passed some maniac fishing in Maryhill :shrug:

What are you editing your stuff on? It all looks great - I'm messing around with the aperture, iso and exposure and getting quite good at taking natural shots with that but yours jump out of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back