MWGL Photography thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My photo is featured on "The 101 Best Night Sky Photos of 2015" on the prestigious space.com! Just thought I'd share.

http://www.space.com/30919-milky-wa...=10153237678896466&adbpl=fb&adbpr=17610706465

2159kenlee_archesnatpark-doublearchmilkywayselfie-20sf28iso4000-2014-05-23-1148pm-3330k-ournewworld-700px.jpg
Congrats! That is a fantastic shot!

Fish Rocks! This photo shows the movement of the stars over a long period of time, and is created by the movement of the earth. All of the illumination was done with a hand-held flashlight during the exposure, and is not a post-processing creation. No pixels were harmed in the creation of this photo.

“Originally they were called Whale Heads,” explains Margaret Brush, a member of the Searles Valley Historical Society (SVHS).“They date back to 1928. They did not always have teeth, like they do today.” At one point, people painted over the graffiti art to cover it. Two people re-painted the fish faces. They have been there since that time.

9178kenlee_2015-12-24_0239_startrails_51mintotal-17images-3mf8iso200-4000k_mojavedesert-fishrocks-1000px.jpg

This photo shows the movement of the stars over a long period of time, created by the movement of the earth. The sculpture was created by Ricardo Breceda. All of the illumination was done with a hand-held flashlight during the exposure, and is not a post-processing creation. No pixels were harmed in the creation of this photo.

9277kenlee_2015-12-28_0139_28mintotal-2minf63iso200-4000k_40mm_borregosprings-rattledragon_star_trails-1000px.jpg

HNND, it's a happy new Nikon day. I got a stupid good deal on a Nikon d5200. Brand new in the box from Target for the price of a decent point and shoot. Sitting at home putting it together right now. Can't wait for tomorrow to take it out and test it out.

HNND, it's a happy new Nikon day. I got a stupid good deal on a Nikon d5200. Brand new in the box from Target for the price of a decent point and shoot. Sitting at home putting it together right now. Can't wait for tomorrow to take it out and test it out.
what exactly do you mean when you say "putting it together"??
did it come in a box.....disassembled?

The D5100 was my first DSLR. They're great cameras, congratulations.

Saw this gnarly tree on a walk today. Light was rubbish, sun was barely peaking through the clouds. Then when I got home all the clouds disappeared, typical! Also i just got lightroom and have no idea what im doing
o6dfHkj.jpg

maybe try changing it to black & white.
here's one i shot a couple years ago on a very cloudy day, with a buzzard in the tree, but i change the style to BW and it turned out pretty cool.
14627375089_d891873afc_c.jpg

Saw this gnarly tree on a walk today. Light was rubbish, sun was barely peaking through the clouds. Then when I got home all the clouds disappeared, typical! Also i just got lightroom and have no idea what im doing
o6dfHkj.jpg
Looks good. My advice for Lightroom is to watch some YouTube videos for the basics. Then process thousands of your own photos and experiment with all the sliders.

Wat? The lighting in this pic is really cool, what with the mixed shadows and light on the tree.

That one was good tbf, but for about four hours it was really drab and it annoyed me as the weather report earlier was for nice sunny weather all day.

We've not had a sunny day here for ages

That one was good tbf, but for about four hours it was really drab and it annoyed me as the weather report earlier was for nice sunny weather all day.

We've not had a sunny day here for ages
Sunny might be pretty to the eye, but it does not equal good photo weather. Give me some beautiful clouds with a bit of blue scattered around any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back