Dig it! Mark's pedalboard rebuild thread.

It seemed to be a decent one to try (I hated the Soul Food) that would also have a decent resale. I was also thinking about the J Rockett Archer but after checking all of the demos this seemed to be a good combination of sounds and resale.

Tumnus seems to be Brian's faithful attempt at the Klon. The Soul Food is EHX cashing in. Big difference in approach.

Tumnus seems to be Brian's faithful attempt at the Klon. The Soul Food is EHX cashing in. Big difference in approach.
Thats the sense I get. For as much as you can actually get from Youtube videos the Tumnus and the Archer seemed to be the two closest that were widely available. There are tons of options out there but I really don't give a shit about getting too far into it as long as its in the ballpark and sounds good. I'm discovering that a little extra midrange every once in a while can be useful.

Thats the sense I get. For as much as you can actually get from Youtube videos the Tumnus and the Archer seemed to be the two closest that were widely available. There are tons of options out there but I really don't give a shit about getting too far into it as long as its in the ballpark and sounds good. I'm discovering that a little extra midrange every once in a while can be useful.

There are two reasons I don't like soft clip overdrives. The first is the soft clip. The second is my rig is basically all mids, so adding more mids gets everything congested. Course, now I'm on bass, and just want a distortion that doesn't get lost when I turn it on.

AHA! If this is what I think it is then life is really good: https://www.boss.info/global/suppor...drivers/e8107514-f943-4f98-b110-03144e678614/

Plus I got one of these and haven't installed it yet:

mu2nonabbnuqmj8muylp.jpg

How do you like the jacks on the side like that? I've considered getting that panel before but I always thought if I did, I'd end up plugging up backwards. I am an idiot.
I'm going to label the jacks. I dig it because it routes cables to one side. Hopefully it clears the clutter onstage.

ok...so the fact is that this was not a mistake but according to Hosa via my instagram post:

• hosatechIt's designed in a way to retrofit the old midi racks. It's been discussed whether to flip it to be the same but consensus has routinely been to keep it for that application.

The other cable I have is the same way but it worked out without me noticing last year because the orientation of the Midid jack on the ES-8 is opposite of the Strymon stuff. After a little research (I figured someone was making a cable that worked since so many other folks have already done what I'm trying to do) I found a couple of companies that make Midi cables with adjustable jack. I got this one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291603019142

s-l1600.jpg

This is a more fancy pants version that I couldn't find online before I discovered the Vision Guitar version:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...bV6NYVhiBg1kRygXzjIyuohBRVeuF5sd7fxoCajrw_wcB

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 6.34.24 AM.png

Mark... I went through the same "what the?" with the 90 degree midis.... I ended up replacing them with Hosa straight, but they're not good for permanent mounting in a pedal board. That hammer cable above looks very interesting.

Mark... I went through the same "what the?" with the 90 degree midis.... I ended up replacing them with Hosa straight, but they're not good for permanent mounting in a pedal board. That hammer cable above looks very interesting.
I think the hammer cable adjusts just 180 degrees which is cool too but the one I got seems to be more "rotary" which will work better with the placement of the Timeline on my board. The jacks just happen to sit over the power supply so there most likely would have been some strain on the cable regardless. This should allow me to fit the cable for the best angle.

I can't believe that the hardest part of this whole thing is fitting a fucking midi cable.

I can't believe that the hardest part of this whole thing is fitting a fucking midi cable.

That's always the case.... it's a fucking power cable, or a connector is too long, or you're one power plug short. :gah:

It is one reason I keep looking at the Fractal AX8. The part of me that is against modelling squirms... but the practical, plug it in and play part of me likes the idea... but then the part of me that hates building patches slaps the tube amp side of my brain to wake it up.... and then my wife gives me a dirty look for arguing with myself... because my internal monologue is suddenly external... :embarrassed:

That's always the case.... it's a fucking power cable, or a connector is too long, or you're one power plug short. :gah:
At one point I thought I was going to have to redo all of my George L cable but I figured out a way of changing things around to make it all fit. I was hoping to add my volume pedal in since there is an insert point for it on the ES-8 but I couldn't make it work with the damn Pedaltrain board. I'm a little over the Pedaltrain but its what I've got. I might get another one of those Patch points and wire it to the volume pedal insert and just plug it in when I want it.

BTW, The hammer cable is listed on the Sweetwater site. I just clicked "Notify me when in stock". :tongue:

BTW, The hammer cable is listed on the Sweetwater site. I just clicked "Notify me when in stock". :tongue:
Thats what got me searching for the other one. No one seems to have them and I don't have time to wait. I have a straight cable for the time being but it makes me nervous.

Back