Dig it! Mark's pedalboard rebuild thread.

Couldn't you set up one of the loops as a dedicated solo boost?
If you have the 8 looper, you could still have 7 other rhythm sounds preset and run whatever pedal you bought as you're 8th loop.

Couldn't you set up one of the loops as a dedicated solo boost?
If you have the 8 looper, you could still have 7 other rhythm sounds preset and run whatever pedal you bought as you're 8th loop.
I've got them all allocated already. Plus I like the idea of just being able to boost whatever I've got going on at any point.

Do they have problems with the switch? Or is it just every pedal's switch has a problem with Wein :grin:

Bigfoot-Meet-up-NY-4805837981589509392.jpg

Another vote for the Spark Mini. I love mine... No... I FUCKING love mine. DO IT! Zero color, zero inherent crunch, just makes everything LOUDER!

I've got them all allocated already. Plus I like the idea of just being able to boost whatever I've got going on at any point.
I suppose for you're setup that makes sense. Once my build is complete I'm debating wether to set it up like yours with a variety of usable sounds or create patches for each song (or a patch for songs that require something different or out of the ordinary).
I ma go the hybrid route with some basic sounds that I can get a lot of mileage from and then create specific patches for songs that need something different.
My amp has a dedicated solo boost so it's a bit different than what you've got I believe.

I suppose for you're setup that makes sense. Once my build is complete I'm debating wether to set it up like yours with a variety of usable sounds or create patches for each song (or a patch for songs that require something different or out of the ordinary).
I ma go the hybrid route with some basic sounds that I can get a lot of mileage from and then create specific patches for songs that need something different.
My amp has a dedicated solo boost so it's a bit different than what you've got I believe.
If I were dealing with a smaller list of songs it might also be easier but we have about 120 tunes so programming each song isn't going to happen. I do have a couple of things that I e programmed with specific songs in mind though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wait a minute....I though you wanted a solo boost type pedal.
I was assuming you would run it through the Fx loop like say, an mxr micro amp....
If you used the db+ you wouldn't be able to put it in front of your amp and take advantage of the buffer.
And in an already high gain situation (rhythm) you may not be able to get a volume boost from the pedal in front of you're amp once you run out of headroom.

Wait a minute....I though you wanted a solo boost type pedal.
I was assuming you would run it through the Fx loop like say, an mxr micro amp....
If you used the db+ you wouldn't be able to put it in front of your amp and take advantage of the buffer.
And in an already high gain situation (rhythm) you may not be able to get a volume boost from the pedal in front of you're amp once you run out of headroom.
I do, but mostly over my low gain sounds. The loud crunch sounds take care of themselves in a trio. I don't like running anything in the loop of my amp although I've never tried a boost pedal before. Maybe I'll give it a spin this week.

I do, but mostly over my low gain sounds. The loud crunch sounds take care of themselves in a trio. I don't like running anything in the loop of my amp although I've never tried a boost pedal before. Maybe I'll give it a spin this week.
I run my reverb, delay, eq and depending on which way sounds best, sometimes chorus and through the loop.
Try you're boost in the loop....you're gonna be surprised at the volume boost. For years I was looking for a way to solo boost my amps with zero luck with pedals in front. Then a friend suggested the micro amp in the loop...problem solved!

So I played two shows this weekend....Friday night at the Blue Beet which was very loud and my amp was mic'd and run through the house and Saturday night at the Post with no guitar in the PA.

My sounds were serviceable Friday night and I used everything as I have been with no stacking except for kicking the Spark Mini on for leads or using the momentary feature for a couple of licks.

Saturday night the owners were in the bar and I was told to watch the volume at the beginning. That went out the window within a few songs so I kicked the Spark in full time to keep up since I didn't have a moment to futz with my amp and I didn't want to get into the thing where I spend more time thinking about the amp then I do entertaining. It actually sounded really good that way and I ended up keeping it on all night because I didn't want to chase my tail sonically. Not how I want to run things since the Spark is supposed to be just to boost solos and it works great for that.

I've been using my beloved RC Booster less and less since I went to the ES-8. Having everything in buffered loops and the pedal controls away from my feet have made stacking pedals something I need to do less and less of. I still use the lightly pushed sound a bit though but not as much as I relied on it before. I DID order a Wampler Tumnus pedal to try out with my holiday gift cards though. That might go in place of the Tube Screamer Mini since I am not using that as much as I expected. Having the Spark boost after the ES-8 was the best thing though. Now I don't worry about having a dedicated lead sound that much.

I also spent quit a bit of last night with my delay in the slap back mode and no reverb and that sounded really good in that room. I'm discovering that sometimes I have to play to the room and not worry as much about how I preconceive my sounds. I've always done that to a certain extent but as a reaction to something not working and not as a game plan.

We'll see how or if the Tumnus fits in.

OMG it's a horsie pedal!
It seemed to be a decent one to try (I hated the Soul Food) that would also have a decent resale. I was also thinking about the J Rockett Archer but after checking all of the demos this seemed to be a good combination of sounds and resale.

Back