Dig it! Mark's pedalboard rebuild thread.

So after 3-4 shows with this setup I've realized that what I should do is essentially have all of my rhythm sounds as presets and then put something like a Keeley Katana boost AFTER the whole thing and step on that for solos. I have an extra RC Booster but the problem is that ends up adding a little too much gain on top of what the base sound is. I'm sure I'll get some manner of gift cards for Christmas and I'll buy a boost then.

Reactions: OGG
I had a katana boost a while back. It added some gain. I ended up using it as an OD until I sold it. Of the clean boosts I've used, the Spark boost was the best at just making your sound louder.

I had a katana boost a while back. It added some gain. I ended up using it as an OD until I sold it. Of the clean boosts I've used, the Spark boost was the best at just making your sound louder.
Does it add any other coloration?

Does it add any other coloration?

not to my ears. I think @baimun uses one. I have the mini that I haven't used in ages, mostly because I don't need a boost (nobody wants to hear me play louder). The mini is $50 at sweetwater. A cool thing it does, is if you hold the switch, it stays on while you hold it and when you take your foot off, it turns off. It also functions like a normal pedal, just on/off.

not to my ears. I think @baimun uses one. I have the mini that I haven't used in ages, mostly because I don't need a boost (nobody wants to hear me play louder). The mini is $50 at sweetwater. A cool thing it does, is if you hold the switch, it stays on while you hold it and when you take your foot off, it turns off. It also functions like a normal pedal, just on/off.
Interesting.

I haven't been a fan of the TC stuff I've owned but maybe I'll take a whack with this.

Interesting.

I haven't been a fan of the TC stuff I've owned but maybe I'll take a whack with this.

me either. They are up there with Keeley for me. Stuff sounds good in demos, sounds not so good when you get it. Interestingly, the only pedals from either of them I like is the katanna and the spark. Have you ever tried the katanna? I was surprised at how much hair it put on it. I liked it, but it wasn't very clean for me.

me either. They are up there with Keeley for me. Stuff sounds good in demos, sounds not so good when you get it. Interestingly, the only pedals from either of them I like is the katanna and the spark. Have you ever tried the katanna? I was surprised at how much hair it put on it. I liked it, but it wasn't very clean for me.
I've only tried one at Namm and thats a bad environment hear what a pedal sounds like.

I would stay away from the Spark. You'll crush the switch and TC will tell you to throw it out and buy a new one.

What about the SHO? Or is that gone?

Do they have problems with the switch? Or is it just every pedal's switch has a problem with Wein :grin:

Do they have problems with the switch? Or is it just every pedal's switch has a problem with Wein :grin:

Early TC pedals had some switch problems, but they fixed that long ago. It's more about the durability and mounting of the switch. And #WeinSmash.

I use the spark mini. My favourite feature is the switch can switch on and off, or if you press and hold it will become momentary. Great for solos or climactic chords.

Early TC pedals had some switch problems, but they fixed that long ago. It's more about the durability and mounting of the switch. And #WeinSmash.

At $50, it would be easier to replace it if it did break. I can't imagine working in one of those tiny boxes.

Back