Hockey fans - thoughts on the playoffs?

So one series goes 7 I'm sure the Rangers are happy about that. Let the 2 teams kick the snot out of each other first. I think the west hoped that would happen to the Ducks but they get a good long rest so no.

So the good Dubnyk showed up last night....and the bad Price (though a couple of the goal no one stops). Canadiens look fragile, much like the Sharks last year (no I'm not saying the Sens==the Kings though they were a very hot team going into the playoffs). They probably think they should have already won the series give the 3 losses were by 1 goal and 2 in OT. Still a razor thin margin.

I look for Tampa to take control of that series as I think they are much better than the Wings. And the Flames to close out the 'Nucks. Chicago should close out as well but I am wary of their goalie. He has not played much and got lit up last game (can he avoid the Hamburglar syndrome here???)

I agree advantage Babcock. But Stamkos has not even gotten going yet. And the 2nd line learned something late in game 4 and I think it may carry over. But move/countermove no one is better than Babcock so we'll see

Canadiens look fragile,

Yes...like they have doubts in their heads now. I would love that to be true and have them falter.

I saw a highlight from another game where dude gave the ol' between the legs ball jangle with his stick...that was gree-hee-hee-heasy.

HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN!

From a complete shitting of the bed to start, to recovering, dominating, and eventually kicking some ass electricguitar054

HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN!

From a complete shitting of the bed to start, to recovering, dominating, and eventually kicking some ass electricguitar054
Great game - saw the 3rd period - that was playoff hockey!

Speaking of which, the Van/Cal game is on right now and also a lot of fun.

And the Canucks throw up all over themselves again rotflmao
The score of that game does not reflect the game accurately. Early on, I was pretty certain the Canucks had a better handle on it. They just weren't that deep offensively, and defensively gave up a lot of chances in their zone.

I like Calgary, they're fun to watch. I think the ducks are going to be a lot for them to handle.

Pittsburgh just laid the golden turd.

NYR look pretty good.
Thoughts on the Caps/Islanders?

Looking forward to the game on Monday. I think the Caps are going to win. I really don't care either way, but that's my prediction.

Montreal and the Wild will win today...

Preds, too. Big fan of Laviolette.

Of course, Kimmo Timonen is another class act on the Blackhawks.
Can't give cups to everybody, I guess.

I honestly think that the Blackhawks could do it again.......playing VERY good hockey right now.

They have certainly picked the right time to start clicking.

Yeah....indeed.

Nobody in the East (that I have seen, anyway) look all that good.
NYR look tight in a physical, fast-pass, blueline hockey, grind it out type of game........but that kind of hockey leads to injuries....so.........not that great, yet.

Chicago has that tic-tac-doe down that when it works, it's pretty......

Shame the Blues are out.

Ken Hitchock is a class guy.
Good team, too....

Now, if he can somehow pass down that class to Backes, Ott, and Jackman...oh, well - he probably won't get the chance.

I was kind of hoping it would be the Blues instead of the Wild, because Dubnyk has been a beast, and eliminating the blues would be much more satisfying. Gonna be a tough one for this Hawks to win. Even so, fuck the blues.

Hitchcock is a great coach.

I don't think the goalie dance in that game was not beneficial to the team overall though.

Back