Hockey fans - thoughts on the playoffs?

If Kromwell gets suspended Tampa will have a much bigger advantage. The series however has been very back and forth with some close wins and blowouts for each side. So it's tough to predict what happens in a game 7 and Detroit has won twice in Tampa but losing Kromwell might tip the balance. If he doesn't get suspended it should be a fun game 7

I thought the Caps/Isle game was fun to watch but the Caps were clearly the better team. The Rangers are going to have their hands full if they play the way they did against the Pens. The Pens D was decimated and the Caps have a very solid top 4

Kromwell got a game so the Wings have their work cut out for them. They lose a Dman that gets about 21 min a game and lots of special teams. Babcock is going to have to pull a rabbit out of his hat to get this game. Mrazek will need to be pretty much perfect I think.

Round 2 starts tomorrow

And we are on to the second round. Who ya got

As much as I would like to see small markets/CDN teams in the conf/cup finals I don't think it will happen (and no I don't believe there is a conspiracy though those theories are big around here)

Minn-Chicago - I'm going to go with Minn since I simply do not trust the Hawks goalies right now and DD is playing very very well
Ducks-Flames - Yeah I can't see the Flames continuing here. It's been a nice story all year (the little team that could) but the Ducks are just too deep
Caps-Rangers - this one could easily go 7. I think I trust King Hank to pull out a couple of wins and give the nod to the Rangers
Habs-TB - I think Tampa will be able to put too much pressure on the Habs and so long as they get decent goaltending they could win quite easily. But there is that Carey Price guy and I've seen teams that should win lose to a hot goaltender but I see this as the most mismatched series (at least based on the reg season which of course means nothing...just ask Ottawa)

I hope you are right about Tampa Bay. I think they are weak right now but if they can make Montreal implode and avenge the sweep that the Habs handed them last year I will be happy.

I think Calgary can get it done but it will be a huge test. They need Hiller to be on his game.

The Caps are too inconsistent to beat the Rangers in a series.

I don't necessarily trust Chicago's goalies either but the rest of the team has talent to spare. I think the Hawks win.

Pretty sound calls Nuke... I do think Montreal is going to pull through this series and will lose in the next round.

Going with the Wild and Rangers.

I like the flames, want them to win and am going with them (probably a bad call on my part though).

Chicago.
Ducks
Rangers
Habs

That's who I got coming up.

Chicago has the experience advantage (though I think this one could go 7).
Ducks are the better team.
Rangers have the grit to outlast the Caps (and roll 4 lines).
Habs will take TB on fast-break goals and eek out the series. Should be a good one, though.

I'll go with Tampa,they've had the Hab's number all year beating them all three games....

Going with The Rangers as long as Lundqvist stays hot...

I'd like to see Calgary win too..I'm iffy on that one....

And Chicago for me.........

Well, I didn't expect that from Washington. Ovi really is fantastic. I love watching that guy play.

As for Calgary, well...I did say that they needed Hiller to be excellent. And who wouldn't want Getzlaf on their team? That's the thing that Calgary doesn't have-stars. They also don't seem to have size. I still think they can compete but it will take great coaching and great goaltending. This team was supposed to be at the bottom of the NHL. Hudler looked like he pulled a groin trying to stay onside. That is not good either.

Well giving up 2 goals a period is tough to bounce back from, especially when you only manage to score one. Calgary will need to step up on Sunday in a big way.

Hoping for a crushing Montreal loss tonight.

Ovi seems like he is on a mission. I almost like the idea of a Wash/Minn final (2 teams never won before)...but NBC would hate it

Calgary can't win in Anaheim. Based on the results of the 1st game they can't handle Perry/Getzlaf either. This one could be over fast

Ovi seems like he is on a mission. I almost like the idea of a Wash/Minn final (2 teams never won before)...but NBC would hate it

I would love it. I would thoroughly enjoy the Great 8 and the Caps with a ring.

Three million cheers for the TB Lightning. Crush the Habs!!!

Hawks survived a horrid 2nd. Crawford did not look very good, but at least the offense appears to have finally figured out Dubnyk, and how to bust the trap :cool:

but at least the offense appears to have finally figured out Dubnyk,
Dubnyk...the guy who Edmonton traded away for Matt Hendricks.

Awesome 'General Managing' there Edmonton Oilers.

Perhaps they'll trade McDavid for Kessel. Oh Damn, they hired new people there...

Caps lost in spite of an amazing goal from Ovi. He is still a force but you have to be a bit concerned that they lost given the way he has played. In my estimation he has been by far the best player on the ice. We'll see if getting the last change back home changes anything for him but he has certainly done his part so far.

Habs/Tampa game was a good one. Too bad it end with controversy. I think the first no goal was the correct call. The linesmen then clearly missed the offside that lead to the winning goal. I hate to see a well played game decided on a missed call but the Habs had a chance to clear prior to the goal and did not so they cannot complain too much really. Otherwise the goal was a nice one and the kind you hope to see in an OT game not a fluky one. Given that Bishop was very very good (or the Habs were bad offensively...a bit of both I think). Not that Price played a bad game he was also very very good but Tampa has a lot more snipers than Montreal does.

The Hawks got lucky I think. No way should they have given up a 3 goal lead. Their goaltending is scary bad sometimes (and the offense is scary good). Really not sure what to think of them right now even though they got the win

Back