Hockey fans - thoughts on the playoffs?

wagdog

Ack
Looking at a post-season sans Boston is depressing, especially considering how well Montreal has done this year.

I've watched a few games with Minnesota and they look very strong.

The Ducks have done well this year too.

I hate to say this, but I think the Habs have a good shot at the cup this year (and now I feel dirty).

As we speak I'm watching the Pens game against Buf...

Pens are my team because of Mario and Sid...

I have no idea what's wrong with the Penguins....

The only thing I can figure is the coaching change they made,(and the coach is from my home town too),is not working for them...

They also have quite a few players that use up their salary cap whom are not producing...

Needless to say...I love hockey and bring on the playoffs.....

OK...I'm not sure how much enthusiasm will be garnered in this thread but the Pens are in..

I do not have a good feeling at all about the Blackhawks. They have been wildly inconsistent this season, and have not had a good run the last several games where they could have sealed home ice for at least the first round, and even snuck up and won the division, but nooooooooo - they open on the road. At least they have a favorable first-round matchup (the Perds), but if they gotta face the shitfuckers...er, I mean, Blues, I don't see them going any further.

If I'm honest this is a strange season and I have no doubt that the playoffs will be just as unpredictable..

The Champs of last year didn't make the playoffs this year,Seriously?.....

Who knows really.....

I'm watching the Edmonton-Vancouver game now....

I didn't realize hockey started already. Or were anywhere near the playoffs. Good luck on that surviving.

I hate the Habs and I would love to see Ottawa kick them in the first round. That would be fantastic!!

Ovechkin has solidified his place among the elite in hockey of all time. You can get an assist by passing the puck, someone's skate getting in the way, and another player scoring. Scoring goals is another thing altogether. That said, I don't think that the Caps can go deep in the playoffs.

Anyone who watches TSN in Canada has to hear Craig Button's 'expertise' on hockey. The only GM who was poorer than Button was John Ferguson Jr in Toronto. Button is the guy who let Martin St Louis go for nothing. NOTHING. Moron.

The only teams I want to see do well are the Blues (I like Ken Hitchcock) and Nashville (I like Peter Laviolette).

Other than those 2 teams, my horse in the race died about a month ago. (The Flyers).

The Red Wings continue their playoff streak, but are unfortunately too green to get past the second round.

On paper it looks like the Habs year.

On paper it looks like the Habs year.

Actually, on paper, it looks like The Rangers. They are the President's Trophy winners.

You could just look at it from the All Star break and that would make it Ottawa on paper.

Montreal's #1 scorer is out with concussion so he might not be back. The difference between their #1 scorer and their #2 is quite a gap and they are 9th worst in the NHL this year for goals scored.

I am looking at EVERY angle to exclude Montreal. I hope that I will be happy when it is all over.

Looking at a post-season sans Boston is exhilarating , especially considering how well Montreal has done this year
FIFY
No Kings either...double bonus round
Ottawa is the hottest team in the league right now 23-4-4 in their last 30. And they have beaten Montreal 3/4 so the Habs will have a difficult time it would seem particularly if Pacioretty is out since he is their most legit scoring threat.
Washington could be dangerous but I could say the exact same about the Isles (elite scoring good D quality goaltending)
Drawing the Pens is probably great for the Rangers the Pens are in real trouble on the backend and I can't see them holding up.

The West will be very entertaining I think. Will this be the Blues year, or Nashville? Can Trotz win a 1st round series? Are the Flames this years Kings (no)? Will Winnipeg fans have a collective heart attack if they win their series?

Rangers - Blues seems a good bet for a final
Ottawa - Vancouver as a surprise final (NBC will hate that and conspire against it happening :P)

The Devils ate it this year. They just weren't playing well. I can't figure out why... So I'm extremely sad they're not in the playoffs.

This will not fall to the bottom..

I may smell like shit but I don't feel like shit..

Go Pens Go......

Back