HNUTD!

Prages

User Error
First off, what's up guys? I know I've been scarce lately. Working on putting my life back together, and I'm getting there, so that's good news.

So, I bought the Jeep in August 2016, and sold my old Ranger in September.

I love the Jeep, and it isn't going anywhere, but I've missed having a truck. Plus, I just can't haul a lot of music gear in the Jeep.

I told myself that if I ever got another truck, it would be a full size truck.

I didn't lie. I picked this behemoth up on ebay and had it shipped from Arkansas to West Virginia. It arrived today. Damn thing looks and runs like a brand new vehicle.

2005 Ford F250 Diesel.

It needs tires, and I'm going to get a spray in bedliner and a topper, but this thing is in excellent condition for a 12 year old truck, and has less than 76,000 miles on it.

5e8369588ca986bf081cbf71cb59ff43.jpg
ac15df17676bbc40c6c21e7bdff47b06.jpg
c23ad2685d2efe60a6eccc53d4f492c0.jpg
576d7636d079d74713fafd2facf3d79a.jpg
278f42b01127fc6bfacbf155657dcbde.jpg
b119f24b54b15b693ea6f1d99506d8d8.jpg
7f204c9cb79b3283a5a8e7a6daa59c66.jpg

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

First off, what's up guys? I know I've been scarce lately. Working on putting my life back together, and I'm getting there, so that's good news.

So, I bought the Jeep in August 2016, and sold my old Ranger in September.

I love the Jeep, and it isn't going anywhere, but I've missed having a truck. Plus, I just can't haul a lot of music gear in the Jeep.

I told myself that if I ever got another truck, it would be a full size truck.

I didn't lie. I picked this behemoth up on ebay and had it shipped from Arkansas to West Virginia. It arrived today. Damn thing looks and runs like a brand new vehicle.

2005 Ford F250 Diesel.

It needs tires, and I'm going to get a spray in bedliner and a topper, but this thing is in excellent condition for a 12 year old truck, and has less than 76,000 miles on it.

5e8369588ca986bf081cbf71cb59ff43.jpg
ac15df17676bbc40c6c21e7bdff47b06.jpg
c23ad2685d2efe60a6eccc53d4f492c0.jpg
576d7636d079d74713fafd2facf3d79a.jpg
278f42b01127fc6bfacbf155657dcbde.jpg
b119f24b54b15b693ea6f1d99506d8d8.jpg
7f204c9cb79b3283a5a8e7a6daa59c66.jpg

Wondered where the Fuck you went

Wondered where the Fuck you went
Kind of drifted away from playing music, started drinking way too much, ruined my marriage. You know. The usual.

Started playing music a little again. Quit drinking. Marriage is still ruined, but I've come to terms with that.

Will I be back here as often as I once was? Who knows. I will probably be here more often than I have been the last few years, though.

On the truck: Nice! I am looking at pickups too. Full size. Will want the crew cab though. Have a camper to haul that I can put in short or long bed, but rather would have long. So it will be a big truck.

On life transitions, sorry you went through all that. But good you are moving through it.

On the truck: Nice! I am looking at pickups too. Full size. Will want the crew cab though. Have a camper to haul that I can put in short or long bed, but rather would have long. So it will be a big truck.

On life transitions, sorry you went through all that. But good you are moving through it.
I wanted full size and 8 foot bed. Didn't really need the extended or crew cab, so the single cab not only works for me, but should make it slightly easier to park!

I wanted full size and 8 foot bed. Didn't really need the extended or crew cab, so the single cab not only works for me, but should make it slightly easier to park!

Yeah, a crew cab with short or long bed will be fine in Idaho, but pretty tight on trips back to origin in the Seattle area, where everyone drives Minis, Subis, Hondas, VW's, Prius's, etc.

I am inclined toward diesel myself. Was thinking I wanted 2010 or newer but that is still pretty pricey. Kinda like the ideal of Dodge diesels. How are the earlier Fords?

I am inclined toward diesel myself. Was thinking I wanted 2010 or newer but that is still pretty pricey. Kinda like the ideal of Dodge diesels. How are the earlier Fords?
The one in this truck is not the one people normally recommend. This is the 6.0 Powerstroke Turbo Diesel, and while they boast great torque and horsepower, apparently many were plagued with head bolt and gasket failures, clogged EGR valves, and binding turbos.

I've heard nothing but great things about the 7.3 diesels that Ford used up until 2002. The problem is that it's hard to find one that's got under 200,000 miles on it, and still has more paint than rust on the body.

I'll let you know in a few months if I have had any problems. I plan to use the truck as my DD to save the wear and tear on the Jeep, so I'll rack up some miles pretty quick. So far, I've only put about 30 miles on it.

Nice truck
Glad things are on the mend....you know what would really make you feel good? Burn that god awful old pedal board of yours :wink:

Congrats on the truck. For some reason, I get a longing for a truck now and then.

I'm glad you are coming out on the other side of your struggle. It is never easy.

Nice truck
Glad things are on the mend....you know what would really make you feel good? Burn that god awful old pedal board of yours :wink:
Ha. I think that god awful pedalboard got pitched about 5 years ago!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Wow, that truck is clean. Great find. And as a come and go type of forum member, it's good to see you.
Yeah, it's the cleanest 12 year old truck I've ever seen. It has one small dent in the passenger side front fender where it looks like somebody was leaning against the fender to check the oil or transmission fluid or something, but that is hardly noticeable. Even the inside of the bed is almost perfect.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Back