HNUTD!

Yeah, it's the cleanest 12 year old truck I've ever seen. It has one small dent in the passenger side front fender where it looks like somebody was leaning against the fender to check the oil or transmission fluid or something, but that is hardly noticeable. Even the inside of the bed is almost perfect.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

The most telling picture to me is under the hood. That's not just cleaned, that's well maintained. And that diesel should run forever.

The most telling picture to me is under the hood. That's not just cleaned, that's well maintained. And that diesel should run forever.
In person, you can tell that under the hood has been recently detailed. The blacks still have that Black Magic greasy feeling.

That said, I don't believe the detailing was done to try to hide something. All of the wires and hoses under the hood look brand new. There's no rust to be found anywhere on the top side of the truck. I crawled under with a flashlight last night and there are one or two areas of surface rust on the frame, none worse than you often find on brand new trucks at the dealership. The hitch also has a bit of surface rust.

Interior us absolutely flawless.

Last edited:
Happy to hear that you're headed in the right direction, brother. That truck'll just get you to the bright side of life quicker!

I don't know. The barn is pretty hard to beat as far as jamming goes.

This is the 6.0 Powerstroke Turbo Diesel, and while they boast great torque and horsepower, apparently many were plagued with head bolt and gasket failures, clogged EGR valves, and binding turbos.
If you can get a hold of the service history see if it's had the head gaskets replaced...Ford has an upgraded head set with bolts that addressed the issues inherent in the original design...clogged EGR valves on diesels is are not limited to this particular engine and can be mitigated to a degree with Cetane boost fuel additives...as far as the turbo, that comes with forcing that much torque through relatively low displacement...

Nice truck, hell of a find...:thu:

If you can get a hold of the service history see if it's had the head gaskets replaced...Ford has an upgraded head set with bolts that addressed the issues inherent in the original design...clogged EGR valves on diesels is are not limited to this particular engine and can be mitigated to a degree with Cetane boost fuel additives...as far as the turbo, that comes with forcing that much torque through relatively low displacement...

Nice truck, hell of a find...:thu:
I guess I could splurge and get the Carfax. The seller said it was a 1 owner Arkansas truck, and by the condition it's in, I'd say it was an old man who just wanted a truck but didn't really use it as a truck.

The Arkansas title was also signed by a power of attorney, which leads me to believe the original owner was an older guy who wasn't able to take care of himself anymore.

That doesn't really say anything about service history, but it's obvious that the truck want abused in any way.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I am inclined toward diesel myself. Was thinking I wanted 2010 or newer but that is still pretty pricey. Kinda like the ideal of Dodge diesels. How are the earlier Fords?
Check out seller mjused on ebay. Or look up Langford Motors in Russellville AR. Marcus, the owner was a pleasure to deal with, and the truck is every bit as good as he described.

I'd do business with him again for sure.

Did you buy it over eBay? Shipped, picked up or delivered?
Yes. Bought it on eBay. Had it shipped. The ebay listing was buy it now for 16,900 or best offer. I ended up getting it for 15,100, and shipping was 750.

We did a few counter offers (my first offer was 14k). We agreed on the price on Wednesday night. I sent $500 through PayPal that night. He sent me wire instructions and I wired the balance on Thursday. Then I started looking for a shipper. He sent me several contacts, but I went with a shipping broker who found a driver to pick it up on Monday, and it was delivered on Tuesday.

Overall, it was a great experience. The worst part was when I put my info into the shipping locator website, all weekend I was bombarded with emails, phone calls, and texts from about 15 different shipping brokers. I ended up using Garcia Auto Transport and Logistics. They gave me a quote, then found a driver who could meet my time frame. The broker fee was $100 payable to Garcia, and I paid the driver $650.

The seller sent me pics of the truck loaded and leaving the dealership, and the driver called to verify that I was able to receive the truck a day earlier than expected. It would have been delivered to my driveway, but if you've been to my house, you know it would be pretty hard to get a 3 car trailer to my house, so I met him at the park and ride a few miles from the house.

Last edited:
I've looked at a few vehicles through ebay and once I added on shipping costs, the price difference between finding the same thing local became insignificant. Not being able to check the car/truck/motorcycle before hand is another factor that makes me think twice too. Your new truck looks pretty cherry for those miles. Good luck with it.

Overall, it was a great experience. The worst part was when I put my info into the shipping locator website, all weekend I was bombarded with emails, phone calls, and texts from about 15 different shipping brokers. I ended up using Garcia Auto Transport and Logistics. They gave me a quote, then found a driver who could meet my time frame. The broker fee was $100 payable to Garcia, and I paid the driver $650.

Went through the same exact thing when I shipped my car. 99.9% of the shipping companies online are just brokers and your vehicle might be loaded and unloaded several times during transport by different shippers...and in some cases, driven between shipping distribution points. So many horror stories online. Lots of shady website and companies in this biz.

I used http://www.angelsmovingautos.com/ and they were very involved, communicating with the transport driver and me through out.

1 month + check in.

Truck is still great. I've bought tires and replaced the shocks. I have a steering stabilizer to put on, but I'll wait until it's more than 4° to do that.

The biggest problem I've had so far is that with the topper, I have to be REALLY careful in the parking garage at work. I've scraped a good bit of paint off of the top just by hitting expansion joints a little faster than I should. Luckily, the topper hasn't cracked, and since it's fiberglass it won't rust.

Damned thing runs like a top, and is big, loud, and obnoxious.

I love it!

Last edited:
Back