Give me something to watch on Netflix

I finished The OA. It didn't end in a manner that I would have liked, but the ending wasn't bad. All in all, a decently told story.

I finished The OA. It didn't end in a manner that I would have liked, but the ending wasn't bad. All in all, a decently told story.

I found it initially compelling but it gets burdened by the inconsistencies in the plot as it moves to the final episode. That final episode is like a hodge podge of every cheap plot device under the sun...not sure if that was intentional or the by product of trying to be too clever.

A pleasant little surprise: The Beaver. A nicely done dark comedy by Jodie Foster (stop right there - the joke you are going to make about Jodie Foster and beavers it too easy, and beneath even we ignominious lot.)

I have a bit of a hard time taking Mel Gibson seriously these days, but he does a fine job of portraying a man whose life is controlled by a beaver hand puppet.

I've started Santa Clarita Diet. Drew Barrymore is a suburban housewife who turns into a zombie. She and her husband juggle their real estate jobs, raising a teenage daughter, and her needing to constantly feed on human flesh.

Reasonably entertaining.

I've started Santa Clarita Diet. Drew Barrymore is a suburban housewife who turns into a zombie. She and her husband juggle their real estate jobs, raising a teenage daughter, and her needing to constantly feed on human flesh.

Reasonably entertaining.

It definitely has its moments. The cast is great and it's nice to see Drew doing stuff again. Tim Olyphant is pretty funny too.

Does Santa Clarita Diet get better after the pilot? I tried watching it and the whole thing was so flat it felt like an SNL parody of a CBS sitcom.

OnPaste.20170221-001930.png

Does Santa Clarita Diet get better after the pilot? I tried watching it and the whole thing was so flat it felt like an SNL parody of a CBS sitcom.

It never gets great. It isn't dark enough to be satisfyingly dark, and it isn't funny enough to be satisfyingly funny. But, it is entertaining.

On the other hand, it has the best couple of lines ever in a TV show:
"If you get to the witch balls, you've gone too far."
"Isn't that always the case?"

Started watching The OA. I had read that it was like Stranger Things, but better.
I disagree on both counts.
It's just interesting enough, however, that I guess I'll finish out the eight episodes.

Shameless for Netflix...U.S. version is what were watching, but Ima start the UK version soon.

If you have Amazon Prime, Sneaky Pete was nice...just finished it this morning during the commute.

Started watching The OA. I had read that it was like Stranger Things, but better.
I disagree on both counts.
It's just interesting enough, however, that I guess I'll finish out the eight episodes.

Don't built up expectations based on the reasonably strong start. While the ending isn't horrible, it doesn't really live up to what you expect given the build up.

Don't built up expectations based on the reasonably strong start. While the ending isn't horrible, it doesn't really live up to what you expect given the build up.
Truth. I liked it overall but thought it needed more of something.
Definitely not even close to Stranger Things.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It has flaws, but Olyphant is absolutely brilliant in this series all the way through.

Haven't started the series and have yet to watch Justified, in fact I've only seem him play the lead in the Crazies...everything else has been a supporting character. Regardless, Olyphant is one the best regular guests on Conan. He's hysterical, and has always been great in his comedic cameo-like roles in movies, sitcoms, and dramadies. So, he's the part of the show I most looking forward. Not a big fan of drew, despite liking a bunch of her movies...she just seems a marginal talent overall to me.

Back