Give me something to watch on Netflix

I just finished watching The Crown. A very well done and fascinating series. I'm looking forward to the next season.

I don't think it's on netflix, but the current season of homeland is pretty good so far; a real return to form after a couple not-so-great seasons, IMO.

Homeland is on Netflix UK, FWIW. I'm a fan even though it get more and more 24'ish 'protect murica at any cost' as the seasons go on.

I highly recommend Fleabag. Dark and very funny BBC comedy from last year. I binge watched the whole thing over Christmas on the Iplayer but it's now on Netflix US I believe. Was a great antidote to the Christmas spirit :grin:

EDIT: Actually, it's on Prime.

Some_kind_of_minster_%28film%29.jpg

The sorted tale of 3 whining pussies and their opportunistic therapist, creating the worst album of their career but finding a really great bass player. And then Dave Mustaine one upping them on the pussiness.

The sorted tale of 3 whining pussies and their opportunistic therapist, creating the worst album of their career but finding a really great bass player. And then Dave Mustaine one upping them on the pussiness.
Just watched this last night. Dead on description.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Don't forget overbearing, but under performing producer.

I actually thought it was a decent film, from the perspective of their theoretical honesty. While they agreed to make the movie, if I was in a band and watched a rough cut that was similar to this, I'd be looking to pull the plug...too much public airing of dirty laundry. They, however, went ahead with a movie that didn't really make anyone but Trujillo look good. Also, I didn't mind Kirk's whining, because I think he was absolutely right about the guitar solo thing. Rock was too commercial concerned and overly slick in his style for Metallica (despite the strength of the Black Album), and he let that be a guiding factor in getting James and Lars dictate less guitar solos. Kirk's solo are as much a part of their tunes as anything...at least from an embellishment perspective. The music the did from the Black Album through St. Anger did not benefit from Rock's involvement and those that minimized Kirk's playing seemed particularly unlike them. I'm not saying they needed to have every album sound like Puppets or Justice (and I'm a huge proponent of artistic exploration and evolution), but I don't think the Rock years were great for the band overall.

No need to watch it again, but I enjoyed it while I watched it. Being a huge fan of Trujillo since his Suicidal days, it was cool to see him land this gig.

Don't forget overbearing, but under performing producer.

I actually thought it was a decent film, from the perspective of their theoretical honesty. While they agreed to make the movie, if I was in a band and watched a rough cut that was similar to this, I'd be looking to pull the plug...too much public airing of dirty laundry. They, however, went ahead with a movie that didn't really make anyone but Trujillo look good. Also, I didn't mind Kirk's whining, because I think he was absolutely right about the guitar solo thing. Rock was too commercial concerned and overly slick in his style for Metallica (despite the strength of the Black Album), and he let that be a guiding factor in getting James and Lars dictate less guitar solos. Kirk's solo are as much a part of their tunes as anything...at least from an embellishment perspective. The music the did from the Black Album through St. Anger did not benefit from Rock's involvement and those that minimized Kirk's playing seemed particularly unlike them. I'm not saying they needed to have every album sound like Puppets or Justice (and I'm a huge proponent of artistic exploration and evolution), but I don't think the Rock years were great for the band overall.

No need to watch it again, but I enjoyed it while I watched it. Being a huge fan of Trujillo since his Suicidal days, it was cool to see him land this gig.

Yep, I agree about Kirk's solos - you can't follow the trends and still be metal. I did enjoy watching it, it was highly entertaining. It showed all their flaws and they were brave to release it. It's just ironic to see rich young men whining like they're actually facing crises that normal people face.

Back