Mojo Request Dammit...yeah, some mojo could be good...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Aahzz, Feb 14, 2011.

Feb 14, 2011
  1. Aahzz Habanero Evangelist

Had a physical the first of the month. Just got the call from the doc's office - apparently my blood work looks like I have "a little diabetes", to quote the nurse that called. So, follow-up appointment on March 1. Was also just put on blood pressure meds as well. Pisswaffles.

OK, so most of you have seen my picture, or have met me. Yeah, I'm fat, and I know it. No, this isn't surprising. I am disappointed that I wasn't able to drop the weight and avoid this in advance. Now I have to get it together and get it under control. Positive thoughts and mojo are appreciated.

2. Feb 14, 2011
  3. Mojo.

Y'know, depending on what kind of diabetes you have, this might end up being one of the best things that's ever happened to you. Sometimes we really do need a wake-up call. So stay positive; I know we'll all be thinking about you.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  4. Feb 14, 2011
  5. Kerouac weird musical dildo

Mojo, Kyle. Hopefully you can head it off at the pass if you check in with the doc. :)

6. Feb 14, 2011
  7. Mark Wein :mad:

Much mojo, and what Flamencology said.

8. Feb 14, 2011
  9. Phil513 n00b

mojo sent brotha

10. Feb 14, 2011
  11. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

head it off at the pass? i hate that cliche! :mad:

all the best, Kyle. i know you'll pull through this stronger than ever.

12. Feb 14, 2011
  13. B Valley Rattlesnake Shaker

My brother battles weight and diabetes. He's currently on Gliburide, and the doctor told him he wouldn't even need that if he'd watch his diet.
    They've told him in the past that if he doesn't lose 50 pounds he'll be on insulin, and he's terrified of needles.
    It finally sank in two weeks ago when they told him they'd arranged an appointment to learn to give himself injections. He somehow managed to lose 25 pounds rather quickly and says he's not going back until he loses another 25.
    I hope all goes well for you. It's hard to give up the foods you love and hard to change old habits. Best wishes making it happen.

14. Feb 14, 2011
  15. Aahzz Habanero Evangelist

The thought that this is a needed wake-up call has occurred to me. I've always been one of the "healthy overweight" - good cholesterol, good blood sugar, good heart, just several dozen extra pounds. It's hard to get motivated when you feel good, and the numbers back you up. Now, the numbers don't back me up...time for a change.

16. Feb 14, 2011
  17. paulskirocks Blue Zone Compliant

Yep, mojo. And, take that mojo and use it as strength where you know you need it.

18. Feb 14, 2011
  19. Aahzz Habanero Evangelist

A Blazing Saddles reference always helps :D :az:

20. Feb 14, 2011
  21. Mojo. Hopefully you can beat it down.

22. Feb 14, 2011
  23. mystixboi1 n00b

mojo sent man!!!

24. Feb 14, 2011
  25. Peeker jerkass

is it too late for my Jesse Owens impression? ;)

best of luck to ya!
    like the others said, maybe this will be the kick ya need.

*fingers crossed*

26. Feb 14, 2011
  27. reverend1 n00b

Mojo and good thoughts coming your way. My Dad was in the same boat, but I think the D word was the motivation he needed to change his diet, and become a little more active.

28. Feb 14, 2011
  29. Mojo to ya'.

Hopefully you can knock it out. wake up call indeed.

30. Feb 15, 2011
  31. mosiddiqi The Curry Master

Mojo Aahzz..and exactly what the Prof said. I've virtually eliminated my Type 2 diabetes by changing my diet, so you can too. If you need any help with it, feel free to PM me.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  32. Feb 15, 2011
  33. Itchy n00b

Mojo your way

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  34. Feb 15, 2011
  35. Mojo on the way. :thu:

36. Feb 15, 2011
  37. instantsteve Glowing Cloud

Mojo. When I attended a workshop at the International Diabetes Center (?) about 16 years ago, I read a quote on the papers they gave me that said something like "One way to live a good life is to have a chronic condition and learn to manage it." You can manage type II diabetes. You can even beat it. Mojo again.

38. Feb 15, 2011
  39. platypus crab bucket