Mojo Request Dammit...yeah, some mojo could be good...

Aahzz

Habanero Evangelist
Had a physical the first of the month. Just got the call from the doc's office - apparently my blood work looks like I have "a little diabetes", to quote the nurse that called. So, follow-up appointment on March 1. Was also just put on blood pressure meds as well. Pisswaffles.

OK, so most of you have seen my picture, or have met me. Yeah, I'm fat, and I know it. No, this isn't surprising. I am disappointed that I wasn't able to drop the weight and avoid this in advance. Now I have to get it together and get it under control. Positive thoughts and mojo are appreciated.

Mojo.

Y'know, depending on what kind of diabetes you have, this might end up being one of the best things that's ever happened to you. Sometimes we really do need a wake-up call. So stay positive; I know we'll all be thinking about you.

Last edited:
My brother battles weight and diabetes. He's currently on Gliburide, and the doctor told him he wouldn't even need that if he'd watch his diet.
They've told him in the past that if he doesn't lose 50 pounds he'll be on insulin, and he's terrified of needles.
It finally sank in two weeks ago when they told him they'd arranged an appointment to learn to give himself injections. He somehow managed to lose 25 pounds rather quickly and says he's not going back until he loses another 25.
I hope all goes well for you. It's hard to give up the foods you love and hard to change old habits. Best wishes making it happen.

The thought that this is a needed wake-up call has occurred to me. I've always been one of the "healthy overweight" - good cholesterol, good blood sugar, good heart, just several dozen extra pounds. It's hard to get motivated when you feel good, and the numbers back you up. Now, the numbers don't back me up...time for a change.

is it too late for my Jesse Owens impression? :wink:

best of luck to ya!
like the others said, maybe this will be the kick ya need.

*fingers crossed*

Had a physical the first of the month. Just got the call from the doc's office - apparently my blood work looks like I have "a little diabetes", to quote the nurse that called. So, follow-up appointment on March 1. Was also just put on blood pressure meds as well. Pisswaffles.

OK, so most of you have seen my picture, or have met me. Yeah, I'm fat, and I know it. No, this isn't surprising. I am disappointed that I wasn't able to drop the weight and avoid this in advance. Now I have to get it together and get it under control. Positive thoughts and mojo are appreciated.

Mojo and good thoughts coming your way. My Dad was in the same boat, but I think the D word was the motivation he needed to change his diet, and become a little more active.

Mojo Aahzz..and exactly what the Prof said. I've virtually eliminated my Type 2 diabetes by changing my diet, so you can too. If you need any help with it, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Mojo. When I attended a workshop at the International Diabetes Center (?) about 16 years ago, I read a quote on the papers they gave me that said something like "One way to live a good life is to have a chronic condition and learn to manage it." You can manage type II diabetes. You can even beat it. Mojo again.

Back