Barn Storm 2015...October 16-18

which days do NOT work for you (you may vote for more than one)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a side note..... I was just discussing with Bigsby Boy doing something next year at the farm house that he rents just outside of town. Right off the highway that is equidistant from Chicago to Detroit. 5 min from South Bend Airport.

I'd set up a full PA by the sliding door of a polebarn. Great weather everyone could mingle outside. Questionable weather, inside the barn. He's got extra rooms and sofas. Or people are welcome to set up tents.

now THAT is something that's within my driving reach.
i realize it's still a year off, but it might not hurt to put out some feelers, to get an idea who's in the area, at least.

now THAT is something that's within my driving reach.
i realize it's still a year off, but it might not hurt to put out some feelers, to get an idea who's in the area, at least.
Same here - that's a fairly easy drive for me - I'm in.

Just a side note..... I was just discussing with Bigsby Boy doing something next year at the farm house that he rents just outside of town. Right off the highway that is equidistant from Chicago to Detroit. 5 min from South Bend Airport.

I'd set up a full PA by the sliding door of a polebarn. Great weather everyone could mingle outside. Questionable weather, inside the barn. He's got extra rooms and sofas. Or people are welcome to set up tents.

That sounds cool, and given the ability to take the time off and travel funds, I'd be willing to make the trip.

I think it would be nice, and help to ensure this "thing" (whatever it is) keeps going, so nobody burns out by having to take on all the responsibility each year.

@Guitar Heel, just wanted to throw this out here, and absolutely feel free to decline, it's of no consequence to me whatsoever. But since it seems like a lot people are turning out to be unable to make it, I could throw out an invite to the guitar and bass player of my "band". Really we've just been jamming together for the past several months, no gigs, so you really can't call us a "band". But they're in their 50s, so they're old like all of you guys. :wink: Easy going guys, good musicians, so I think they would fit in well with they typical "Pragestock" crowd.

I don't know what is the final count you're looking at, and how that compares to your available accommodations, but keep it in mind. There's no guarantee either of them would be able to come, but I could throw it out there and give us another guitar and/or bass player to help keep the music flowing. So if you'd like me to throw out the invite, just let me know. But if you think we're good on the numbers we already have, that's great.

@Guitar Heel, just wanted to throw this out here, and absolutely feel free to decline, it's of no consequence to me whatsoever. But since it seems like a lot people are turning out to be unable to make it, I could throw out an invite to the guitar and bass player of my "band". Really we've just been jamming together for the past several months, no gigs, so you really can't call us a "band". But they're in their 50s, so they're old like all of you guys. :wink: Easy going guys, good musicians, so I think they would fit in well with they typical "Pragestock" crowd.

I don't know what is the final count you're looking at, and how that compares to your available accommodations, but keep it in mind. There's no guarantee either of them would be able to come, but I could throw it out there and give us another guitar and/or bass player to help keep the music flowing. So if you'd like me to throw out the invite, just let me know. But if you think we're good on the numbers we already have, that's great.
All are welcome! We'll have a strong local contingent as well. :thu:

I have a friend who used to play drums in my old band that may come. Probably not the whole weekend, but we always need drummers. I sure eloy is happy about that. :grin:

Howie and I are maybes - depends on work schedules but I'll let @Help!I'maRock! speak to that!
I mean, it's in 2 weeks. I know that you want to come, and I really appreciate the interest. I'd love to hang out with ya. But at this point, is it worth it if 3 people are showing up? At the start we had closer to 10-15 probable. I wanted to host and have everyone out, to pick up the torch and keep this thing alive. but interest seems to have plummeted. This is going to take a lot of work and coordination, and I'd like to know the lay of the land sooner rather than later. Not trying to be a doosher.

If you guys can't make it, then I think we either need to postpone or cancel. Not trying to put it all on you, you're just the last "possible" out there. Even then, would it be fun with 5? How many people show up for Pragestock?

Last edited:
If you guys can't make it, then I think we either need to postpone or cancel. Not trying to put it all on you, you're just the last "possible" out there. Even then, would it be fun with 5? How many people show up for Pragestock?

The first year there were only 6 or 7 forum members, and a bunch of locals.

It grew to maybe 18-20 forum members and a bunch more locals by the end.

In some ways, the first year was my favorite, though it probably peaked around year 3.

The first year there were only 6 or 7 forum members, and a bunch of locals.

It grew to maybe 18-20 forum members and a bunch more locals by the end.

In some ways, the first year was my favorite, though it probably peaked around year 3.
Cool, thanks. I don't know what to do about this year, I'm torn. I don't have any PA stuff, mics, etc. I was counting on others to help out with that. I may be able to get some here but I'd probably have to invite an entire gigging band along to get it, and that doesn't seem like the point...I dunno.

Back