Barn Storm 2015...October 16-18

which days do NOT work for you (you may vote for more than one)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guitar Heel

Demented Trick
Hello Weiners.

With @Prages passing the torch, at least for a little while, I figured what the hell... I have a pretty good spot for this (I think), and I'm close to major airports and train stations.

I'm in Bowie, MD 20716 (DC Metro Area).

Ideally, I'd like for all of those who planned on Pragestock this year to be able to make it. Because Barn Storm will be held...in a barn...I'm shooting for some cool, fall-like temps so that the loft is comfortable. It's a HUGE space, so there will be ample room for all gear.

Last edited:
Those of you saying "late October or November" probably don't realize the snow that can fall in that area with basically zero equipment to clear the roads. :helper:

Those of you saying "late October or November" probably don't realize the snow that can fall in that area with basically zero equipment to clear the roads. :helper:
This is absolutely true. I think that October (and probably that early date) would be the best choice, all around, but I wanted to throw it out there.

No, they can clear the roads, people here just can't drive when they see snow or rain. I don't think we are at risk for snow until the 3rd or 4th week of Nov and even then, it is pretty rare.

No, they can clear the roads, people here just can't drive when they see snow or rain. I don't think we are at risk for snow until the 3rd or 4th week of Nov and even then, it is pretty rare.
We got slammed in our area last year, but that's not really the norm.

We got slammed in our area last year, but that's not really the norm.

2 years ago we got hit pretty bad. They had to add days on the school year to make up for all the closing. But I seem to remember most of the snow after xmas.

It's pretty rare to get much accumulating snow much before December. I mean, it can happen, but in the 20 years I've been living here I think it's happened maybe once or twice. And even then, it was less than an inch and didn't really mess up the roads. Jan & Feb are the snow months to stay away from.

Bowie huh? That's only about an hour from me, and probably an easier place for most folks to get to with 3 major airports to choose from.

Pick the weekend and I'll try, but I can't commit yet due to continous flux of my work schedule.

9-10-11 is the only weekend that doesn't work for me in Oct.

16-17-18 actually works better as I have that Friday off.

Speaking of, it would be a good idea to set day/time limits so people know when they're welcome as to help in scheduling flights and other travel plans.

I know Pages often had some Thursday night guests and also some staying until Monday.

Nobody wants to overstay thier welcome or put you out more than you're already offering. So set the boundaries and we'll comply.

sent using Mind Powers.

9-10-11 is the only weekend that doesn't work for me in Oct.

16-17-18 actually works better as I have that Friday off.

Speaking of, it would be a good idea to set day/time limits so people know when they're welcome as to help in scheduling flights and other travel plans.

I know Pages often had some Thursday night guests and also some staying until Monday.

Nobody wants to overstay thier welcome or put you out more than you're already offering. So set the boundaries and we'll comply.

sent using Mind Powers.
So far this date seems to work for the most people. Unless I switch jobs between now and then, which is possible, I will have Friday off, and I'd use that to get everything set up. However, I'm absolutely fine with people rolling in on Thursday night if that works better for them. As for staying until Monday, I'd want to talk to the Mrs., but if that's an issue for anyone just let me know and we can talk about it.

The majority of people showed up Friday and left Sunday. The thurs and Mon folks were usually airport restricted.

I'm not voting (YET) because I'm still not sure I can make it, but my new job actually gives me weekends off, so maybe.

Other than that, I do love The Early November.

The majority of people showed up Friday and left Sunday. The thurs and Mon folks were usually airport restricted.

Of the two years I attended Pragesstock, I recall Denver and myself flying in late Thursday and flying out on Monday. I do recall Rev driving in early both years I was there as he picked me up at the airport on my second visit. On the first visit, Jaxn was there with Prages, Dave and Rev (IIRC). Eloydrummer boy came after I came in but he drove. All of the others who flew (Mark, micWalt, etc.) all came in on Friday and left on Sunday.

Back