Are you happy with your current job

What timing.

I love what I do, but I was recently advised that my hours will be cut and I will be working "fee-for-service" which basically means I get paid for each hour of client contact. If a client cancels, I don't get paid. If I want a day off, I don't get paid. I have been doing a job search and hope to have a new full-time gig that will still allow me to do fee-for-service at the current agency, plus do my private practice and the two anger management groups I have going. Shoots the hell out of the lazy hippie stereotype, don't it. :hippie:

My boss bitched at me today because he could see no progress on the project I'm working on. I pointed to the pile of parts that I had been making for 2 weeks and the control panels that came in today and told him I'd have the 6 assembled for the order by the end of the day tomorrow. Does anyone else have a boss that has no idea what you do or are working on? I told him last week that I would have them done at the end of this week :mad:

best job I ever had was working as a caretaker for a church.
minimal hours for decent pay, nice folks to work for, not very demanding.

at least, that's how it started...

then it got to the point where the hours I was putting in versus my salary worked out to less than minimum wage.
I might as well have moved into the church.
there wasn't any money for a raise (hell, there wasn't money to allow me to do repairs).

so I quit.

on Dec.24th.

kinda feel a little bad about that...:embarrassed:

but it's years back...

My boss bitched at me today because he could see no progress on the project I'm working on. I pointed to the pile of parts that I had been making for 2 weeks and the control panels that came in today and told him I'd have the 6 assembled for the order by the end of the day tomorrow. Does anyone else have a boss that has no idea what you do or are working on? I told him last week that I would have them done at the end of this week :mad:

On my last review I had points deducted because my Boss doesn't understand what I did on some of my projects last year...he was informed what I was doing but didn't understand what the emails ment :facepalm:

I'm redacting my initial reply. Whenever someone takes time off, it fucks somebody over - lately it's been me. We're a small business and I'm one of two full-time DJs. We have a total of four and about 2 weeks ago, the boss allowed 2 of our DJs to have time off AT THE SAME TIME. I was on 24 hrs for 5 days (two 6 hr shifts on two different format stations). I got to pre-record a lot of the air time, so I did get sleep.

AAAAAND this week - one of the guys that runs one of the morning shows is out. Another DJ that would fill in cannot because he's a mail carrier. So I've been working 5-9am then 3-6pm every day this week. AAAAAND me and the lady just got a new pup that won't sleep by herself (and we're not letting pup in the bed 'til she's got this pad training down) so it's been A FUCKING MISERABLE WEEK. And I get to do this two more weeks before the year is up. :mad:

(I normally work noon-6pm)

the cookie will provide you with said nap...

and I'm not responsible for any pictures that turn up on the internet afterwards. :embarrassed:

Back