Are you happy with your current job

I love the teaching aspect, but dealing with the bookkeeping, answering all the emails and questions can be a pain in the ass. I have an email right now that is #19 from a lady who wants to sign up her son for lessons. :facepalm:

For the most part I love what I do, although I wish I could concentrate on the music and fun internet parts and not so much on the admin of the business.

See my post. :embarrassed:

wait until you have to pay a commercial lease, 8 teachers and two employees, workers comp insurance, business insurance, state sales tax, repairs on the facility or equipment because people idiots and other fun "owner" type things. Plus you only have one set of unhappy customers. I have 9 to hear from.

I like my job, it's 7 miles from my house, not allot of pressure, pretty cool boss. 4 people total in my dept. Most state jobs don't pay all that well like in my case, but the benefits are good and my wife does better than myself and is on my benefits package. We also have a couple of property investments that keep us busy with up keep and all, but my regular job is ok :thu:

wait until you have to pay a commercial lease, 8 teachers and two employees, workers comp insurance, business insurance, state sales tax, repairs on the facility or equipment because people idiots and other fun "owner" type things. Plus you only have one set of unhappy customers. I have 9 to hear from.

LMA is run a bit differently. My mum and her partners forward us prospective students, handle advertising, event set-up, etc. We rent studio space and agree to participate in recitals, etc. but teachers set their own rates, do their own bookkeeping, scheduling, etc. I used to teach at a shop that was run a little more like how you run things and yeah, that is stressful as shit.

Not really. It's ok in the sense that I'm basically my own boss as it's just near enough freelance stuff, but it's so fucking boring and there's hardly any work coming in. I don't really like web design :embarrassed: Have another London interview tomorrow so staying optimistic even though I bet they'll go for someone who already lives in London :facepalm:

I sure hope Mrs. P doesn't see this thread today. :embarrassed:

She's having a rough one.
WHat in the world would give you that idea honey. I mean I just had to call you to tell you to make sure that no one in our family or nothing in our lives went wrong on November the 5th, because my co-worker feels that I have been letting the ball drop a bit too much lately, I mean I missed a whole day of work where he had to do something (Alter two whole freaking tables, that someone else did anyway), because my freaking dog had the discourtesy to die during the last conversion. He just wants to make sure that I am going to be here on the 5th and not have to take anymore sick days, I mean god forbid he have to do any god forsaken thing to help me out a little. So could I just let him know now if I think I am going to be sick that day so that he can just go ahead and be prepared for it...

and yes I just used the "..." symbol

:HB: :Rage: :HB:

in hindsight, I'm sure that phone call must have taken you by complete blindside, and I hung up on you before you heard me tell him to Go Fuck himself in his Fucking Face. :grin:

Thanks Weinboard for broadening my vocabulary.

I really like mine. I do IT work in the public school system, so I am not making anyone money. The hours are great for IT, 8 to 5 with no after hour support and I get all of the big vacations (like x-mas and spring break). So I get a ton of time off when my kids are off as well. My wife is a college professor, and she is off when we are too, so we get to take vacations without burning vacation time.

I just left a horrible job though. It was the shortest job I have had as an adult. I made it for 4 months. Too many late nights and a boss who was an idiot.

I enjoy what I do but I can't say I always enjoy where I work. However, it's IT so you have to expect your job to suck in some capacity.

Go Fuck himself in his Fucking Face. :grin:

Thanks Weinboard for broadening my vocabulary.

Totally OT but has anyone seen "A Serbian Film"...?

wiki that if you're not familiar with how it relates to this quote.

I enjoy what I do but I can't say I always enjoy where I work. However, it's IT so you have to expect your job to suck in some capacity.

If you don't mind not making a ton of money, go work for the local school system. Or better yet, if their is a university close by, head there. I spent close to 6 years at a university doing IT support. One of the best jobs ever. Working in the public school system is pretty close. It will be great when christmas rolls around and I am off for 2 weeks. IT doesn't have to suck, I have been in those horrible IT jobs and I got out fast.

Meh, it's not bad but not what I wanna do the rest of my life. Better than working in a steel plant or picking tomatoes, I reckon.

The job is ok. People around me not so much. I have a stake in the company, so that helps.

The job is ok. People around me not so much...
this is always a common thing for me.
last job, I liked just fine.
most of the people, too.

but there were always a couple of asshats that I really wanted to stick a steak knife into...

I love my job. I mostly work alone. I have near complete freedom with my hours and vacation days etc. It is a perfect match for my schooling and work experience.

I happen to have an R&D position that doesn't report through the R&D bureaucracy so I'm much less likely to get laid off when budgets are cut. I report through manufacturing as service to that group. Also I'm the only person in our company of about 20,00 worldwide that does what I do.

Though I love my job, I would retire tomorrow if I could afford to.

Back