Are you happy with your current job

WHat in the world would give you that idea honey. I mean I just had to call you to tell you to make sure that no one in our family or nothing in our lives went wrong on November the 5th, because my co-worker feels that I have been letting the ball drop a bit too much lately, I mean I missed a whole day of work where he had to do something (Alter two whole freaking tables, that someone else did anyway), because my freaking dog had the discourtesy to die during the last conversion. He just wants to make sure that I am going to be here on the 5th and not have to take anymore sick days, I mean god forbid he have to do any god forsaken thing to help me out a little. So could I just let him know now if I think I am going to be sick that day so that he can just go ahead and be prepared for it...

and yes I just used the "..." symbol

:HB: :Rage: :HB:

in hindsight, I'm sure that phone call must have taken you by complete blindside, and I hung up on you before you heard me tell him to Go Fuck himself in his Fucking Face. :grin:

Thanks Weinboard for broadening my vocabulary.

Yeah, it amazes me how fucking inconsiderate people can be. When my wife was in the hospital a couple of months back, and I mean in the ICU and not looking good at all, I got and email call from some jackass at work who runs one of the committees that I am forced to serve as chairman. He was concerned that I had to cancel the meeting, and then had to cancel the rescheduled meeting, and was inquiring if I took my job responsibilities at all seriously. I emailed back that if didn't like the way I was handling my job, perhaps I could take my 9 million dollars in NIH funding and indirect dollars that pays about a third of the operating costs of the entire institution and take it up to Harvard. I added that it seemed a little unreal that I was in the ICU with my wife, essentially wathcing doctors trying to decide what the hell was wrong with her, and I missed a couple of meetings, and this was a problem. I reminded the guy who emailed me of the time he missed a meeting as he had tickets to a baseball game. I attached a job offer from Harvard, and cc'd the response to the Dean of Faculty, the President of the Institution, and the CFO. I don't usually escalate things, but when I do, I go all the way. I should have just quit on the spot and blamed it on that guy. FTITMFF.

Depends on the day. Somedays are super, somedays are dirt.

It was cool when I did what Kerouac and Mark do. But when I relocated to LA, I did not like how the stores ran their policies for instructors and folded the idea. I will take on 1 or 2 students from time to time but don't do it professionally anymore - maybe one day.

First off - mojo to Mrs P and prayers that she does not kill anyone at work today.....

My job. Interesting question. I think I'm actually pretty secure here for the first time in awhile. Though who knows with more budget cuts coming....January may tell a different tale.

I work in IT (computer programmer - telecom - A/V) at a non-profit. To start with all those job survey/strength survey things all tell me the same thing - I should not be in IT at all. And it shows at times though I do enjoy the work somewhat. The non-profit piece is actually the better part for me and what keeps me in the field. I have less hours and way less stress than most IT people, though is does come at a cost - I could probably get about 15 - 20K more at another company. Overall I do enjoy the job though I am a bit of a fish out of water in the field. I've been in too many career fields already (prep cook/asst. chef, satellite communications tech, golf course greens crew, fast food management, landscaping/sprinkler repair, DJ/radio talk show producer-engineer/radio production assistant, billing clerk/auditor in the trucking industry, etc) and this one helps pay the bills better than most. Once the kids are all out of high school I'll look to change jobs if the budget can handle it.

At this point I work to pay the bills and afford me other stuff I really enjoy. Not everyone can make a living doing what they love. I'm just happy to be employed and have a house right now.

*hands Mrs P a cookie* :(
Crunchy well done peanut butter cookies are my favorite. :grin:

Sorry to hijack the thread. It was just a well/bad for you guys timed thread. I just don't understand some people sometimes. I am working on my anger management though. Breathe in, breathe out!

Crunchy well done peanut butter cookies are my favorite. :grin:

Sorry to hijack the thread. It was just a well/bad for you guys timed thread. I just don't understand some people sometimes. I am working on my anger management though. Breathe in, breathe out!

Sorry P, hope things get better at work. It sucks trying to deal with tragedy and dickheads at the same time. You coming to the gig next weekend ?

Yeah, it amazes me how fucking inconsiderate people can be. When my wife was in the hospital a couple of months back, and I mean in the ICU and not looking good at all, I got and email call from some jackass at work who runs one of the committees that I am forced to serve as chairman. He was concerned that I had to cancel the meeting, and then had to cancel the rescheduled meeting, and was inquiring if I took my job responsibilities at all seriously. I emailed back that if didn't like the way I was handling my job, perhaps I could take my 9 million dollars in NIH funding and indirect dollars that pays about a third of the operating costs of the entire institution and take it up to Harvard. I added that it seemed a little unreal that I was in the ICU with my wife, essentially wathcing doctors trying to decide what the hell was wrong with her, and I missed a couple of meetings, and this was a problem. I reminded the guy who emailed me of the time he missed a meeting as he had tickets to a baseball game. I attached a job offer from Harvard, and cc'd the response to the Dean of Faculty, the President of the Institution, and the CFO. I don't usually escalate things, but when I do, I go all the way. I should have just quit on the spot and blamed it on that guy. FTITMFF.

Thats a fucking headshot right there. Excellent.

If you don't mind not making a ton of money, go work for the local school system. Or better yet, if their is a university close by, head there. I spent close to 6 years at a university doing IT support. One of the best jobs ever. Working in the public school system is pretty close. It will be great when christmas rolls around and I am off for 2 weeks. IT doesn't have to suck, I have been in those horrible IT jobs and I got out fast.

I'd take a university/college gig in a heartbeat....if there were any available.

Well, I 'love' the fact that I am my own boss, but I often don't like it... Being a builder, with my first and main trade being an electrician, i do a lot of crawling under houses and in attics... I can't say I like anything about being a professional dirt swimmer... Aaaahhh well, that's what I get for dropping out of college...

However, if I worked for someone else, I would hate it!

Let me clarify. I like my day job, my night job on the other hand (I work weekends as a male stripper/gigolo) sometimes makes me feel cheap and morally bankrupt.

The only thing good about my IT job is that it affords me the freedom to work with new things. Things that will lead me to a better job someplace else.

And then?

It sucks, as i work for a large PC company.
Thats why i am and studying traditional chinese medicine as i've had enough of IT.

Back