Your pick: 80s -90s shredder guitars

What do you think the deal is with this listing? It’s got George IV silk screened on the headstock but Lynch was never a Hamer endorses and afiak, isn’t GL the 4th. There’s a few more of these online so I don’t think it was a custom build. The purple guitar Lynch is associated with is the purple tiger that’s only metallic purple around the edge. Either way though, it’s a cool guitar.
I think they're from @mystixboi1's personal collection. Maybe George IV is a nickname? :shrug:

vtclwh7j8m2rdgc1h2qx.jpg

Razz berry finish no less!
https://reverb.com/item/19230596-fender-hm-heavy-metal-strat-1988-razz-berry-finish-with-case

What do you think the deal is with this listing? It’s got George IV silk screened on the headstock but Lynch was never a Hamer endorses and afiak, isn’t GL the 4th. There’s a few more of these online so I don’t think it was a custom build. The purple guitar Lynch is associated with is the purple tiger that’s only metallic purple around the edge. Either way though, it’s a cool guitar.
Wiki says Lynch briefly endorsed PRS in the '90s. Nothing about Hamers, and nothing on the Hamer forum that I can see.

There is a picture of Dimebag using a Hamer that looks just like his Dean ML, except for the hockey-stick Hamer headstock. And I guess it was a prototype they built for Dime, but then Dime decided to go with Washburn.

Maybe Hamer went after George Lynch, too?

The George IV is strange. Never saw anyone call him that.

Looking through this thread made me realize what an interesting time the 80s and early 90s were for guitar evolution. Independent brands like Jackson, Charvel and Dean became very popular by making quality instruments with features not available from Gibson or Fender. The result was those companies got bought and began mass Asian production, so now you can buy a $150 Chinese Jackson, or a $4,000 USA model. I guess that's a good thing? I'm not sure....

The result was those companies got bought and began mass Asian production, so now you can buy a $150 Chinese Jackson, or a $4,000 USA model. I guess that's a good thing? I'm not sure....

One thing that came from it is that it's made the used market a confusing situation for some models/brands and unethical sellers will try to blur the lines between the economy imports and the more premium lines. I've also seen more than a few parts guitars that'll use a US neck (or modified import necks) on import bodies/hardware.

Back