Your pick: 80s -90s shredder guitars

Didn't play a lot of originals from the era.
Had a modified Jackson JDR-94 (low-priced Dinky) for a year or so.
It was part of the Concept series that was replaced by the Performer series, AFAIK it was made in 1994.
I kinda miss it, sold it because of funds and the bulky heel and not-low-profile floyd.
It had a reverse headstock and a neck that made my SG's neck feel like a baseball bat.

The Ibanez S guitars I got to try have left a good impression on me, and I really like the fact
that the jack on those is more like a strat's that say an RG's.

554853_10151132142859429_547777654_n.jpg

10391902_210068764428_3526516_n.jpg

Last edited:
How the hell has anyone not posted this yet?

Yngwie sig model Stratocaster (Available since 1986 apparently).:confused:
0107112841_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg

When I was 15 I might have liked all the superstrats, but now I can't stand them.

I always wanted the ZZ Custom from that era. Played one in a pawn shop in 92 and loved it in the store, bought it and got tired of it relatively quickly. Steaming turd.

"The challenge is on. Winner take all. You play for keeps, and only the strong survive."

This might be the best guitar ad copy ever written.

I'll take anything neon pink or green, with two buckers, a Floyd, and a reverse headstock.

Realistically, I've actually been contemplating restoring my Samick Prophet Neck through, Floyd Rose, Chevron inlays shredder. I'd lose the gold for black though. I have it sitting in a closet without tuners, electronics or locking nut.

4284905_1441108517.jpg

of those that I've owned in the past, I was always most into soloists and jackson rhoads Vs. I also had what was at the time called an "XTRR", which is a slightly smaller body size rhoads with a reverse headstock, which was pretty awesome.

I still occasionally have ironbird lust though

What do you think the deal is with this listing? It’s got George IV silk screened on the headstock but Lynch was never a Hamer endorses and afiak, isn’t GL the 4th. There’s a few more of these online so I don’t think it was a custom build. The purple guitar Lynch is associated with is the purple tiger that’s only metallic purple around the edge. Either way though, it’s a cool guitar.

What do you think the deal is with this listing? It’s got George IV silk screened on the headstock but Lynch was never a Hamer endorses and afiak, isn’t GL the 4th. There’s a few more of these online so I don’t think it was a custom build. The purple guitar Lynch is associated with is the purple tiger that’s only metallic purple around the edge. Either way though, it’s a cool guitar.

All I know is that it’s a beast guitar.

Back