Why does everyone hate Papa John's pizza so much? Is it a hipster thing?

smurfco

Meatus McPrepuce
I think it's pretty great pizza and I don't get why it gets such a bad reputation. What's wrong with Papa John's pizza? ???

Howie not liking it only bolsters my case. And everyone is an asshole. That's beside the point - the pizza is delicious so why the hate?

Every aspect of Papa John's pizza is bargain priced shit. It's food for little kids and college students. Papa John's is to pizza what Sutter Home and Old English are to wine and beer.

I live in Chicago. I can get some of the best pizza in the world from mom and pop places that treat their employees well. Papa Johns pizza tastes like they used the shit that comes from my cat's ass for a topping. Why should I patronize Papa Johns when I can get really great pizza?

I've only had it a couple times, but I thought it was OK. *shrug*

One time I had Papa John's was in Venezuela. It had corn on it. Corn!

Every aspect of Papa John's pizza is bargain priced shit. It's food for little kids and college students. Papa John's is to pizza what Sutter Home and Old English are to wine and beer.
What's wrong with Sutter Home!?

I should also mention that Howie didn't seem to have a problem with the place in NYC where you can get two giant slices of pizza and a coke for $2.75. And that was nowhere near as good as Papa John's.

It is by far the best of the big three (pizza hut, dominos and PJs). Having worked for both PJs and Pizza Hut, the ingredients at PJs are way better. Pizza Hut has the dough shipped in frozen discs and you squirt about 3 large pumps of oil into the pan before you put the frozen disc in to thaw. The only crust that is fresh is their thin crust. The sauce at Pizza Hut is condensed in a bag that you mix with water and all of the toppings are precut and frozen.

Not PJs isn't the best pizza, there are always local places that crush it, but if I am in a crunch and need it delivered, I will get that every time over the other 2.

I should also mention that Howie didn't seem to have a problem with the place in NYC where you can get two giant slices of pizza and a coke for $2.75. And that was nowhere near as good as Papa John's.

That place is terrible, but at least it isn't Papa John's.

In Chicago and New York there's no reason to eat corporate chain/franchise pie with a sickeningly sweet sauce, crust this side of wonderbread, and fatty weird "dippings" that mask the "flavor" of what you're supposed to be enjoying.

That Mr. John is also a Glenn Frey level jerk face is just one more reason to avoid his "boutique" Little Ceasars glop.

Inconsistent pies at some shops. At the local PJ's, one time you get a decent amount of toppings, the next you find maybe 12 pieces of sausage on a large sausage pizza.

You know who likes Papa Johns? Vegans. They can order a veggie pizza with no cheese there and it will be 100% vegan friendly. You can't do that with most of the other chains; normally their sauces and even some of their crusts have meat or dairy residue.

Papa John himself is a dick and I guess I'm one of those "social justice warriors" that refuse to eat at places where their ownership supports causes I don't agree with, or is actively in opposition to a cause I *do* believe in.

Oh and their pizza just kinda sucks in general. :thu:

In Chicago and New York there's no reason to eat corporate chain/franchise pie with a sickeningly sweet sauce, crust this side of wonderbread, and fatty weird "dippings" that mask the "flavor" of what you're supposed to be enjoying.

That Mr. John is also a Glenn Frey level jerk face is just one more reason to avoid his "boutique" Little Ceasars glop.
And yet, Papa Johns and Dominos have incredibly successful franchises here. In summation, people are awful.

4e99bfd55e1ed4f6e151f02139bca79a.jpg

Back