WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I've posted Billy a number of times, but this one is a bit special. Billy Kreutzmann called up Mr Strings and asked him to put music to one of Robert Hunters poems, effectively becoming the first new Dead song in a quarter century. Wondering what @Gary Blanchard @tiger roach @Motorik @DdBob think of it. There is an awesome electric version that transitions from China cat sunflower (taking the place of Rider) from Billy K's 75th birthday jam, but this is an acoustic version with Billy S's 4 piece.

I know I've posted Billy a number of times, but this one is a bit special. Billy Kreutzmann called up Mr Strings and asked him to put music to one of Robert Hunters poems, effectively becoming the first new Dead song in a quarter century. Wondering what @Gary Blanchard @tiger roach @Motorik @DdBob think of it. There is an awesome electric version that transitions from China cat sunflower (taking the place of Rider) from Billy K's 75th birthday jam, but this is an acoustic version with Billy S's 4 piece.

Every video you post of Billy Strings is great. He did a real good job with thst song. Starts off Appalachian, then morphs into something more cosmic/raga-ish. Good coverage of a few Dead core areas.

I will look out for the electric version.

Funny, a couple of night's ago my deadhead friend was playing me Robert Hunter's version of 'Terrapin Station'. I enjoyed it.

Every video you post of Billy Strings is great. He did a real good job with thst song. Starts off Appalachian, then morphs into something more cosmic/raga-ish. Good coverage of a few Dead core areas.

I will look out for the electric version.

Funny, a couple of night's ago my deadhead friend was playing me Robert Hunter's version of 'Terrapin Station'. I enjoyed it.

Here is the CCS>Thunder live electric jam

That was fantastic and every video of Mr. Strings continues to impress! I think he should hire that barefoot Phishhead guy from the first video you posted and put him in the band though, just have that guy knee slappin' in the background like a backup singer but instead he's just knee slapping and grinnin' But seriously Billy has the real deal vibe and he's got the whole package which includes a great singing voice.

very nice coverage, and even the youtube chat is full of ultrarunning legends geeking out over the race

Last edited:

very nice coverage, and even the youtube chat is full of ultrarunning legends geeking out over the race

not unexpectedly, Walmsley is absolutely destroying it - he just flew through the mile 55 aid station well ahead of his own course record

not unexpectedly, Walmsley is absolutely destroying it - he just flew through the mile 55 aid station well ahead of his own course record
I followed it about three years or so ago when Wa;msley debuted and he was destroying everybody then. i think he was even breaking records Jurek set but then he had a stomach issue at the very end and I think he had to dropout if i remember correctly. He's a beast and I believe he is from AZ or NM i know he trains in Flagstaff as seemingly all the top distance runners (and other athletes) d0.

I followed it about three years or so ago when Wa;msley debuted and he was destroying everybody then. i think he was even breaking records Jurek set but then he had a stomach issue at the very end and I think he had to dropout if i remember correctly. He's a beast and I believe he is from AZ or NM i know he trains in Flagstaff as seemingly all the top distance runners (and other athletes) d0.
his debut was 2016, when he was destroying everyone and then took a wrong turn around mile 92 - he's definitely had a couple destroying-everyone-and-then-had-something-go-wrong years, though. He's a total beast; I was watching the stream today when he came into the 100k aid station and he looked like he had just set out on his run, making it look super easy and just floating along (at an ~8:embarrassed:0min/mile pace with the temps in the high 90s). he stopped to down a bag of cheetos and smoooothly cruised on down the road; I think he might be from another planet.

his debut was 2016, when he was destroying everyone and then took a wrong turn around mile 92 - he's definitely had a couple destroying-everyone-and-then-had-something-go-wrong years, though. He's a total beast; I was watching the stream today when he came into the 100k aid station and he looked like he had just set out on his run, making it look super easy and just floating along (at an ~8:embarrassed:0min/mile pace with the temps in the high 90s). he stopped to down a bag of cheetos and smoooothly cruised on down the road; I think he might be from another planet.
yeah that's what it wsas...time flies :sad: I believe he went to HS in Phoenix now that i think of it which is why he can probably fly in the heat.

yeah that's what it wsas...time flies :sad: I believe he went to HS in Phoenix now that i think of it which is why he can probably fly in the heat.
yeah, WS is probably an ideal race for him - grew up running in the heat, and now lives/trains with some altitude

he's totally rockin' the goofy hat today

DAnMweA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back