WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Motorik are you hep to the new Damiel Romano? I know he puts out like an album a week but this is another live OUTFIT and they are rocking hard here

Recorded live in Atlanta in early 2020 in the final hours before the stages of the aching world fell dark, and the wandering, yearnful musicians were sent home to recollect, to reminisce, to plan - or in the case of the famously prolific Daniel Romano to reactive a dedicated studio practice - Fully Plugged In celebrates the sweat filled nights, the communal noise, the profound physical presence at the heart of rock and roll. Together the Outfit bring a classic swagger, an epic, electric, eternal folk, a primal freedom to a setlist drawn from Romano’s rich songbook, (the Kink’s God’s Children sticking around long enough to get a full (and beautiful) run-through). Outfit singer Julianna Riolino, who’s voice blends so perfectly with Romano’s own, steps powerfully into the spotlight at key moments, ripping open the song in surprising opener “Rhythmic Blood” and ripping open your heart in the country weeper “The One That Got Away (Came Back Today)”.

as much as I love the early versions of she was the world to me ( who am I kidding....I absolutely love the song, any version) this one rocks

@Motorik are you hep to the new Damiel Romano? I know he puts out like an album a week but this is another live OUTFIT and they are rocking hard here

Recorded live in Atlanta in early 2020 in the final hours before the stages of the aching world fell dark, and the wandering, yearnful musicians were sent home to recollect, to reminisce, to plan - or in the case of the famously prolific Daniel Romano to reactive a dedicated studio practice - Fully Plugged In celebrates the sweat filled nights, the communal noise, the profound physical presence at the heart of rock and roll. Together the Outfit bring a classic swagger, an epic, electric, eternal folk, a primal freedom to a setlist drawn from Romano’s rich songbook, (the Kink’s God’s Children sticking around long enough to get a full (and beautiful) run-through). Outfit singer Julianna Riolino, who’s voice blends so perfectly with Romano’s own, steps powerfully into the spotlight at key moments, ripping open the song in surprising opener “Rhythmic Blood” and ripping open your heart in the country weeper “The One That Got Away (Came Back Today)”.

Thanks! I was not hep to that one. I swear, sometimes I feel like if I go to the kitchen to make myself a coffee, Daniel Romano will have made a new album by the time I come back.

That's a rocking song all round.

as much as I love the early versions of she was the world to me ( who am I kidding....I absolutely love the song, any version) this one rocks

That is such a tasty version. Almost Fairport Convention-ish, but more rocking!

Thanks! I was not hep to that one. I swear, sometimes I feel like if I go to the kitchen to make myself a coffee, Daniel Romano will have made a new album by the time I come back.

That's a rocking song all round.

I had signed up to receive email notification of new Bandcamp releases from him which is how I kn ew about it.

I'm really digging the woman singing with him. Of copurse Daniel has a great voice but she's got that classic country kinda voice

that was great. The band is top notch and I forgot who they were but I remember reading that they were a punk band in the late 70's and they were chosen by Dylan to back him up on his famous Letterman appearance. The guitarist is quickly beco min g a favorite , just really solid tasty playing and tone....and the woman singer is pretty damn sexy too !

I had signed up to receive email notification of new Bandcamp releases from him which is how I kn ew about it.

I'm really digging the woman singing with him. Of copurse Daniel has a great voice but she's got that classic country kinda voice

I love her voice too! Really compliments his style.

Somebody (Mongooz? 335clone? One of the deadheady guys) posted a festival poster recently and Daniel Romano's Outfit, Sierra Ferrell, and Khruangbin are all playing. If they team up for a song that's youtube algorithm critical mass.

I love her voice too! Really compliments his style.

Somebody (Mongooz? 335clone? One of the deadheady guys) posted a festival poster recently and Daniel Romano's Outfit, Sierra Ferrell, and Khruangbin are all playing. If they team up for a song that's youtube algorithm critical mass.

that would be quite the festival!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back