WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great interview! Totally down to earth girl next door. It's hard to believe I literally live about a three minute walk to from where Linda lived many years in Tucson after her fame (like 80' up until around 2002) The Rondstat family were Tucson pioneers. I know one of her cousins ( an infrequent customer at the shop) and my boss went to school with her here in Tucson.

and this is a fantastic concert....she was the queen of covers

pretty cool footnote from the dude who shot the video

Thom Drewke4 years ago
My coworkers and I shot this on 1/2" Sony open-reel videotape, mono soundtrack; some of these shows had WNEW-FM's David Vanderhayden mixing an FM version live.... but many of these shows had only a PA mix combined with a house mic (by me) on a good old Shure mixer (with a dbx 160!). We were often lucky because the Capitol/Passaic had a great natural sound, so the front-of-house guy could show off his mixing chops. (And if we were lucky the band had some taste, as Linda's did, and didn't turn it up to 11.) For the video geeks out there- these were Sony industrial cameras. Somewhere around 6:40 into the show, the sound gets much better than it was during the first minutes of the show. Not sure why, 41 years later, but I was lucky to get what I got. Also, sorry about the video sync blowing up, but we had truly cheap cables with fans pouring drinks on them, and a video "switcher" lower quality than today's surveillance systems. OK, enough about us--- Linda was great back then, we could tell that she really cared about the music, and Waddy Wachtel and the others on the tour were no slouches either. Linda would apologize to some lowly tech like me if she was blocking the stairwell; she was truly a decent person. And I never heard a better singer at the Capitol; certainly Pat Benatar was equally good, but not better. And, yeah, no Autotune required.
Show less

not gonna lie....saw this on "teh fork" . This is phenomenal. Think the euphoria of cocteau twins without the vocals and completly different sonic palette mixed with the beaty of Boards of canada and brian Eno or stars of the Lid...perhaps a splash of Pastoral Current93 without vocals....full of beautiful found sounds like brids chirping, etc . After some searching i found it on bandcamp.

Trey Band

upload_2021-1-12_16-45-56.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back