Taylor Swift has recorded an "Indie" album

jbj

Poor old Geordie's array...
With the guys from Bon Iver and The National.

Listening to it now. It's pretty nice - very poppy melodies as you can imagine with some nice spacey mellow arrangements. It would probably be cool to listen to with a smoke. :thu:
 
My daughter asked me to watch "Miss Americana" with her. I was really impressed by what she's accomplished and the number of hit songs she's written.
 
It’s a very good record. Swift is a talented songwriter and has been doing excellent work since at least Red. 1989 is classic LP. Lover has some really good songs on it. I like how this new album sounds—it’s nice to hear her working with the dude from the National who makes interesting sounds...often in the service of dull material. And it’s nice to hear a big pop star do something that doesn’t have Anton Jackoff’s fingerprints all over it (though he is still present). That guy is alright, but he’s kind of the JJ Abrams of contemporary pop. Lacks some heart at time.
 
Her dad owns a stake in the label, and presumably financed it.

Scooter Braun bought the company from Borchetta, who was the main dude there who built it and already had experience at other labels. And that's why there was a huge controversy and beef between Swift and Braun. I'm sure she'd love it if her father was CEO instead. But I think at best he was like a minor shareholder with some other people. He didn't have the wherewithal to run a label like that if he wanted to.
 
It’s a very good record. Swift is a talented songwriter and has been doing excellent work since at least Red. 1989 is classic LP. Lover has some really good songs on it. I like how this new album sounds—it’s nice to hear her working with the dude from the National who makes interesting sounds...often in the service of dull material. And it’s nice to hear a big pop star do something that doesn’t have Anton Jackoff’s fingerprints all over it (though he is still present). That guy is alright, but he’s kind of the JJ Abrams of contemporary pop. Lacks some heart at time.
The three albums that preceded Red are excellent. She's brilliant. Very good live too. You could stack her ten best songs against any other artist and she would hold her own. She may not prevail, but she wouldn't lose.

Here's one off her first CD. I know you enjoy the banjo and fiddle.
 
Last edited:
I’m with Peen......she’s talented and she’s been making great records since the 1989....Lover is a ducking great song


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Not anything I'd buy, but I was impressed by her Tiny Desk Concert and now that she looks more womanly I have to say she's sexy as hell. Glad to hear that she's stretching her wings a bit musically.
 
Last edited:
The three albums that preceded Red are excellent. She's brilliant. Very good live too. You could stack her ten best songs against any other artist and she would hold her own. She may not prevail, but she wouldn't lose.

Here's one off her first CD. I know you enjoy the banjo and fiddle.


Yeah, I started paying attention around Red. I never went back because—I don’t know—I’m not really a fan of modern Nashville stuff and just kind of assumed her earlier stuff was in that vein and/or not for me audience-wise. I’m a sucker for writerly songwriters doing big tent pop moves, so...
 
Back
Top