Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

:Wave:

I'm having a proper holiday. Nothing to do, money from some invoices I sent is coming in, summer here sucks balls so far (well we had two nice days :facepalm: ),booked a flight to visit my parents in NL in two weeks.

I got the Mad Max game on the steam summer sales, so basically my GF and me are sitting behind my computer watching the weather being shit while beating the hell out of messed up people in the wasteland. Good times.

Also, apparently she got her admission for a performance for a conference reviewed by one of her biggest influences/examples, so she's stoked as hell. If only we could have some actual sun during these eternal light days life would be perfect :embarrassed:

Reactions: wok
Evening all. Rumour has it that @Tiltsta is now living in Switzerland. Does this mean he's an honourary Euro?

I'm officially a Swiss resident with all the visas, immigrant registrations, and residence permits required to live here. The Swiss love their forms and filing fees. You wouldn't believe all the paperwork required to move here.

My wife and I intend our relocation to be permanent. My job is listed as a permanent position and not a short term expat type gig. We will likely buy a house next spring after we have a bit better idea of the area.

Last edited:
I'm officially a Swiss resident with all the visas, immigrant registrations, and residence permits required to live here. The Swiss love their forms and filing fees.

My wife and I intend our relocation to be permanent. My job is listed as a permanent position and not a short term expat type gig. We will likely buy a house next spring after we have a bit better idea of the area.
I will admit that I am a bit jealous!! I would love to live in Switzerland!!
Congratulations

I'm officially a Swiss resident with all the visas, immigrant registrations, and residence permits required to live here. The Swiss love their forms and filing fees. You wouldn't believe all the paperwork required to move here.

Well bully for you.

My wife woke me up complaining that I'd got pissed and threw up in the hotel room sink, before realising it was her :embarrassed: :grin:

Congrats on your new Euro status @Tiltsta.

In other news, I've been in Crete since Wednesday and it has been nice and hot and sunny. Sorted innit!

Resident or Dual Citizen?
I am unclear on how that expat thing works.

Resident or Dual Citizen?
I am unclear on how that expat thing works.

Resident. Swiss citizenship takes 10-12 years of residency before you can even TRY to become Swiss. You can be a US citizen and a Swiss resident. The US equivalent would be a green card holder, but the Swiss have two levels of green card. The higher level lets you own a business, move residences between cantons, own more than one house, collect social welfare, stay in Switzerland without a job, look for a job without a sponsor, etc.

Last edited:
Currently sitting in Heraklion airport departure lounge waiting for our delayed flight home, dreading the fact that I have to be in work at 9am tomorrow morning. Likely to get to bed about 3am if lucky. Fuck it, at least it's been a cracking 2 weeks away here in Crete.

So, the day after my birthday I got a message that my grandma had a double heart-attack, already booked flights to NL before, so we got here on Saturday. Grandma was out on morfine and sleeping drugs since thursday morning, didn't eat or drink anymore, so it's just been hanging around waiting for the phonecall... She passed away tuesday evening. As she was pretty far gone because of dementia it's for the best for everyone involved and it's nice that she has been physically mostly alright until the end, but it does come as a bit of a shock. And not at all how I imagined my holiday/visiting my parents etc...

So, the day after my birthday I got a message that my grandma had a double heart-attack, already booked flights to NL before, so we got here on Saturday. Grandma was out on morfine and sleeping drugs since thursday morning, didn't eat or drink anymore, so it's just been hanging around waiting for the phonecall... She passed away tuesday evening. As she was pretty far gone because of dementia it's for the best for everyone involved and it's nice that she has been physically mostly alright until the end, but it does come as a bit of a shock. And not at all how I imagined my holiday/visiting my parents etc...

My condolences

Back