Pets of Wein

Yeah definitely time to go to the vet then. Unfortunately they can't tell you "Hey I just ate some cat shit and now I feel like puking" so you got to guess :shrug:

We would've gone with something like that if she didn't start puking so regularly and threw up all her water. No/very limited food is not that big of a deal, we just wanted to check in with the vet for things to look out for as she was also being quite subdued and lacklustre. But when even water comes straight out 10 minutes later it gets dangerous quite quickly, especially with the warm weather. To illustrate how bad this got: after 5pm she got nothing but water and before that only tiny bits of food, we headed to the vet at around 9:30, she puked twice in the car, then three times in the vets office in the space of less than an hour.
yeah I woulda done the same thing. The water issue would have scared me. Hope she's feeling better soon !

Quick update, I was way too exhausted to post earlier.

She seems to be doing all fine again. Tuesday she was a bit of a sad mess, kinda wanted stuff, but she clearly had nowhere near the energy she normally has (not so strange after what happened). We took turns staying up to keep an eye on her, we were a bit worried at about noon, she was quite passive and some small signs like her tail being down while playing (it's normally the curl she has in almost all of the pictures). But after that everything improved quickly. No more vomiting, she started getting more energy etc. We put some alarms over the course of the night to check how she was doing, but didn't stay up for it anymore. Wednesday morning she was pretty much completely herself again, nearly dislocating my shoulder at seeing a hare as usual :embarrassed:

It's a tiny bit frustrating that we have no idea what caused it, but we're extremely glad it just passed while the injection suppressed the vomiting and no further exams and god knows what was necessary. And mostly over the fucking moon that we have our happy little wild housewolf back.

Last edited:
Hey, Dart's guesstimate birthday is the same as Kiira's! (he just theoretically turned 5). Glad to hear Kiira is doing better.

Quick update, I was way too exhausted to post earlier.

She seems to be doing all fine again. Tuesday she was a bit of a sad mess, kinda wanted stuff, but she clearly had nowhere near the energy she normally has (not so strange after what happened). We took turns staying up to keep an eye on her, we were a bit worried at about noon, she was quite passive and some small signs like her tail being down while playing (it's normally the curl she has in almost all of the pictures). But after that everything improved quickly. No more vomiting, she started getting more energy etc. We put some alarms over the course of the night to check how she was doing, but didn't stay up for it anymore. Wednesday morning she was pretty much completely herself again, nearly dislocating my shoulder at seeing a hare as usual :embarrassed:

It's a tiny bit frustrating that we have no idea what caused it, but we're extremely glad it just passed while the injection suppressed the vomiting and no further exams and god knows what was necessary. And mostly over the fucking moon that we have our happy little wild housewolf back.
is it possible she ate or drank something on an outing ?

1C70681D-1C39-4984-B3D4-ACF31A1FC803.jpeg
2EF1EFAD-B185-4F99-A898-F60F7DB9231E.jpeg
420F6725-316E-4578-9963-A4CF014AB863.jpeg
0FFF35A3-84A1-443E-9FFF-3E7819AF1D2F.jpeg
F0DA40F5-ECE5-41E2-B9FA-DDA302C5EA14.jpeg

is it possible she ate or drank something on an outing ?
Not that we know of, but the difference between sniffing around in a little bush and eating something is sometimes hard to see. Another option is that she stepped in something nasty and got it in while cleaning herself. After every walk she goes full cat cleaning mode for 15 minutes, including her paws.

Whenever my dogs have got the runs or pukeing I try to limit food and not even feed for a day. Then just plain rice (jasmine works fine) and then gradually add some plain chicken for a couple meals. Pumpkin is also good. They sell powdered stuff or if you decide to get at a grocery store (probably not readily available over there anyway) just make sure it's pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling with sugar. Dogs and sugar don't mix.

Our Jack Russell, Jazz, had a sensitive stomach and some plain rice w/ a little boiled chicken was always the thing that would get her back on track

We were in Berlin for a few days and Lola went to stay with Mrs JBJs parents. This is the first time she's ever had more than a single night away but they said she was an excellent doggo and just played in their garden from morning to night.

Mrs JBJ is a bit jealous that she was way more excited to see me than her when we went to collect her :embarrassed:

Our Jack Russell, Jazz, had a sensitive stomach and some plain rice w/ a little boiled chicken was always the thing that would get her back on track
We always did rice and lean ground beef for our pooches that had issues. Works really well either way.

Kiira is all back to normal again :)

Had a little fuckup while cutting her nails though :( She twitched just as I snipped, hit the tip of the quick, big squeal, loads of blood...

She's totally over it already, but I feel guilty as fuck. But considering the fact she got zoomies when I got home this afternoon, I think we're good :embarrassed: I guess I'm just not allowed to hold her paws anytime soon :embarrassed:

Back