Pets of Wein

Pumpkin Spice Chonk.

42C8CAA2-B6EA-4FF7-A41D-3FB42765D7AB.jpeg

Mrs JBJ is potentially going back to the office a day or two from January so Lola and I are off a wander to some local doggy day cares to see if they think she'd be OK in there given her reactivity.

Mrs JBJ is potentially going back to the office a day or two from January so Lola and I are off a wander to some local doggy day cares to see if they think she'd be OK in there given her reactivity.

I love dogs, but they definitely require a schedule that gets you home to let them out before they make a mess, and require a house sitter or a kennel when you travel. That's why I have to be down with OPP (Other People's Puppys :wink: )

We love our big ol' "Puppy Dog Cats"... but we probably need to spend some time putting Nash in a spare bedroom with some Catnip so we can play fetch with Quinn and Jack. It used to be a daily routine, but with Nash in the house, he's faster, with better hunting skills, and any time we call ANY of the cat's names, he comes running. So throwing a ball down into the foyer, he will race past (or jump over) the ragdolls and beat them to it... but his hunting skills are "Jump.. Bite... Throw in the air... Bite some More... Oh... it's dead... walk away" instead of bringing it back. :annoyed: The only time he does bring it back... is to the top of the stairs, so he can knock it down the stairs and chase it some more. :embarrassed:

Reactions: Tig
So the doggy day care we were recommended said they wouldn't touch her because I disclosed she was reactive. This was whilst Lola sat at heel like a champ while the dogs in the place went wild barking and lunging at the fence separating them :rolleyes:

I digress. I had to drop my dues off at the pub my football bus takes off from so we nipped in for a quick one on the way home:

IMG_20211004_154325521_MP.jpg

So the doggy day care we were recommended said they wouldn't touch her because I disclosed she was reactive. This was whilst Lola sat at heel like a champ while the dogs in the place went wild barking and lunging at the fence separating them :rolleyes:

Your pup will let you know when you’ve found the right place. We had a kennel we used a few times with our dog, Beethovan, but when he pulled on his leash and sat down, not wanting to go, I knew something was up. We started going to a different kennel and he would dance around in the car and once we turned on the road that the kennel was on he would get sooo excited to hang out with his friends for the weekend. They loved him there and babied him even when he was an elderly dude I had to lift in and out of the vehicle.

Your pup will let you know when you’ve found the right place. We had a kennel we used a few times with our dog, Beethovan, but when he pulled on his leash and sat down, not wanting to go, I knew something was up. We started going to a different kennel and he would dance around in the car and once we turned on the road that the kennel was on he would get sooo excited to hang out with his friends for the weekend. They loved him there and babied him even when he was an elderly dude I had to lift in and out of the vehicle.

Yeah she used to get really upset when we hit the nearest roundabout to her training classes on a Saturday morning. We were trying to do the right thing but it clearly wasn't for her.

Couple of other local places I'll reach out to and see if we have any joy.

Yeah she used to get really upset when we hit the nearest roundabout to her training classes on a Saturday morning. We were trying to do the right thing but it clearly wasn't for her.

Couple of other local places I'll reach out to and see if we have any joy.
I had to stop taking my dude to doggie daycare places because all of the local places use fences to separate small dogs from big dogs, more social dogs from shy dogs, etc and he discovered that he could clear the 4 foot fences at the place we originally went, so we found a place that had taller fences and he very quickly discovered he could jump those, etc until the last place had 9 foot tall fences and he could get over those (and tended to then fall off them onto other dogs, workers, etc on the other side). So now he's a dog high jump champ, but ineligible for daycare, heh.

I had to stop taking my dude to doggie daycare places because all of the local places use fences to separate small dogs from big dogs, more social dogs from shy dogs, etc and he discovered that he could clear the 4 foot fences at the place we originally went, so we found a place that had taller fences and he very quickly discovered he could jump those, etc until the last place had 9 foot tall fences and he could get over those (and tended to then fall off them onto other dogs, workers, etc on the other side). So now he's a dog high jump champ, but ineligible for daycare, heh.

Well that explains why the 8 foot fences at the place I took my buddy had a fencing ROOF. I always assumed it was to prevent raccoons and birds from coming down into the kennels and possibly getting inside. :embarrassed:

Beethovan and his buddies would just run back and forth and chase each other... and the more social dogs all got to go into a play space to run around at the same time. The little snippy dogs or the larger, unsocial dogs went out in smaller or sometimes solo groups. I remember them saying that Beethovan was one of those dogs that got along with any of the other dogs, and was always happy.
12141-two-hearts-icon.png

I digress. I had to drop my dues off at the pub my football bus takes off from so we nipped in for a quick one on the way home:

View attachment 69898
hey is that dog over 25 ?

I miss having a pet. We still have our beardy but nothing else.
We have considered a new dog a few times but actually talked through what that looks like and we are just not in the right place to do it right now.
I may do a river tank with my oldest son sometime soon but we can't have any pets that you can't/shouldn't leave for any length of time. We are just so freaking busy. I just want to come home to a furry buddy to snuggle after a long day but it's not fair to them.

Back