OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
masks_lge.jpg

Hair color: wrong; Skin color: too aggressively UT orange, should be more of a tangerine; Expression: just the right amount of soulless rancor.

Rating: 6/10

Just five years ago, in 2011, a mere 30 percent of white evangelicals agreed with the idea that people who commit unethical acts in their personal lives could still behave ethically in their professional capacities, according to a study released today by PRRI, a nonpartisan research organization. Now, with Trump as the GOP standard-bearer, a huge majority — of 72 percent — do.

That immense shift in opinion means that the same types who made up former “Moral Majority” now comprise the religious group most likely to agree that public and private morality can be separate.

What? Why, people are saying that the religious right's engaging in the dreaded moral relativity? Oh my stars and garters! Whatever shall we do??

Quelle fucking surprise. The religious right is and always has been a goddamned sham awash in hypocrites, bigots, control freaks and "these rules are for thee, not for me" types.

Fuck 'em.

Just five years ago, in 2011, a mere 30 percent of white evangelicals agreed with the idea that people who commit unethical acts in their personal lives could still behave ethically in their professional capacities, according to a study released today by PRRI, a nonpartisan research organization. Now, with Trump as the GOP standard-bearer, a huge majority — of 72 percent — do.

That immense shift in opinion means that the same types who made up former “Moral Majority” now comprise the religious group most likely to agree that public and private morality can be separate.

What? Why, people are saying that the religious right's engaging in the dreaded moral relativity? Oh my stars and garters! Whatever shall we do??

Quelle fucking surprise. The religious right is and always has been a goddamned sham awash in hypocrites, bigots, control freaks and "these rules are for thee, not for me" types.

Fuck 'em.
People think the religious right and God Fearing People are one and the same. They are not. I can't point to a date but the religious right turned into a pile of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back