OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a whole lot regarding his positions that I dislike entirely. And I question the sincerity given how long they have toed the line on the obstruction, but I like the sentiment. Pretty words sound pretty. Now let's see more actions. Call Trump out on his BS and his sedition Mr. Kasich.
I'm not one to defend a Republican these days, really, but Kasich does actually have a long history of reaching across the aisle to get things done. He's generally not been a partisan asshat. I even said that back during the primaries when Trump running was still just comedy and not a real threat.

There is a whole lot regarding his positions that I dislike entirely. And I question the sincerity given how long they have toed the line on the obstruction, but I like the sentiment. Pretty words sound pretty. Now let's see more actions. Call Trump out on his BS and his sedition Mr. Kasich.

i tend to agree. Kasich sounds much more sane than the rest of them. but he has practiced sounding that way. i give him credit for refusing to support trump, in spite of the threats of his party for not supporting. there are definitely positions he has that i completely disagree with and would vote against him over them.

I'm not one to defend a Republican these days, really, but Kasich does actually have a long history of reaching across the aisle to get things done. He's generally not been a partisan asshat. I even said that back during the primaries when Trump running was still just comedy and not a real threat.
you're right. Kasich has stepped off the party platform at times to get things done, but that was at a state level (budgets and local funding, etc.)
on a national level and with that kind of power, you might see a much more agenda driven Kasich.

Kasich already did that when he turned down Trump's VP offer and refused to endorse him. This is his bid to get back into DC.

Kasich is easily the most qualified and reasonable Con at the national level. It's not even close.

you just know he desparately wants to get on national tv and address the GOP and say something like "knowing what you know now....do ya really think you would have voted the same way?"

Kasich is still confused, that is to say wrong, about womens' health issues and choice. That koolaid is a might powerful in the GOP...no amount of sense or logic can permeate that wall. The whole anti-science thing of the radical (and too much of the "mainstream") right is frightening.

Goes back to what's true for (in what you want to true) doesn't make it true or a reality. So not wanting science to be real or have a weight, doesn't make it fake or without substance.

Maybe, but I think that responsible GOP leaders should additionally call trump out more directly on his allegations of mass voter fraud and rigging.

They're starting to. It would be nice to see Ryan and McConnell do the same, but that's unlikely.

As for Madonna, she's been blowing people to get what she wants for her entire career. Go with what got you there.

You'd have to have a pretty hefty He-Man complex to want to get a hummer from Skeletor.

Skeletor hummers are a bit too toothy (from what I've heard :wink:). One only need be a massive masochist to want one.

Oh, Wait! You were talking about someone else. :i:

Presented without comment.

image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back