OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WELCOME TO THE PLAGUE YEAR.

This apocalypse sucks. Heh heh. Change it, fart knocker.

I have started to seriously consider that the LHC at CERN has done some kind of weirdo reality shift. It is like we're trapped inside the plot line for a particularly dumb young adult dystopian series.

Perhaps this is the "Darkest Timeline" that was created in the Community episode "Remedial Chaos Theory."

803ba00552582b18ae8e6e2bab045af8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#plus

Evan McMullin has made it to the electoral tracker, and there's now an "Other" section for the popular vote. The further Trump falls, the more interesting this gets for 3rd party candidates.
Lots of news about that in Utah. According to something I heard locally, Trump and Hillary are neck and neck there, with a lot of the GOP folks looking at third party.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ie-with-Clinton-among-Utah-voters.html?pg=all

We get lots of Utah news in Southern Idaho (where I live is a little resort island within that zone) as it is otherwise pretty closely connected to the powers that be in Utah. Under the Banner of Heaven and all that.

It appears to be GOP Civil War up here in Idaho, with some dumping Drumpf and some retaliating from the dumping of Trump.

@Help!I'maRock! bump for added links.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/poli...port-for-sen-mike-crapos-reelection/113582781

Why is there so little media chatter about the Jane Doe who accuses Trump of repeatedly raping her when she was thirteen? She has multiple witnesses lined up to testify that it happened. There’s a civil trial scheduled for December. Is the anonymity of the accuser just keeping journalists away?

Why is there so little media chatter about the Jane Doe who accuses Trump of repeatedly raping her when she was thirteen? She has multiple witnesses lined up to testify that it happened. There’s a civil trial scheduled for December. Is the anonymity of the accuser just keeping journalists away?
There's no story unless there's a face...

I'd imagine that being a lawyer is about a boring a job as there can be, but every once in awhile, you get to work on something like this.
This is the NYT's response to Trump's demand that they retract their story about women who claim they've been groped by him.
TrumpLegalReply.jpg

I'd imagine that being a lawyer is about a boring a job as there can be, but every once in awhile, you get to work on something like this.
This is the NYT's response to Trump's demand that they retract their story about women who claim they've been groped by him.
TrumpLegalReply.jpg
Ho lee shit...

TrumpLegalReply.jpg
I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That story just about brings me to tears. For the victims, and also for our country. I would point out that generally prior bad acts are excluded as evidence of a current crime. But we know at least that there is a claimant testifying under oath, and a witness who has also done so. Could be they recant later or something. But as the author points out, if you are going to speculate in that direction, you must also consider that it is true. This shit show of an election needs to come to a close soon. Nearly a month away is too long for my taste.

Last edited:
TrumpLegalReply.jpg
He doesn't even bother with discussion or analysis of the legal elements of Trump's claim of libel. Pretty interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back