OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to clarify....you cannot buy a handgun at a 'show' in one state and bring it back to another state without transfering it THROUGH an FFL dealer.
buying one from a private person is another matter.

edit: apparently this was already clarified.
never mind.....nothing to see here.....these are not the droids you're looking for.....move along...

Absolutely incorrect. In most states, if you buy a gun at a show as a private transaction, there is no record of the sale.

I'm so tempted to comment on a facebook post so as to drag my ultra liberal professor friend Bridget into contact with the super conservative rural Trumpette I went to grade school with named Kim.

It would be the angry cat fight of the century. Facebook might have to shut down to clean up the blood.

I already have some banter like that in my feed but I usually ignore it. I'll have to C&P some over here....

I'm calling attention to your artificial dichotomy. In most states, people (dealers included) can sell guns at gun shows as "private transactions" with no restrictions, and no paper trail.
not if the dealer bought the firearms as a dealer (used their FFL license). they cannot just sell that firearm as a private citizen. they have to maintain a list of the firearms and serial numbers as a dealer, and the list is subject to ATF inspection 24/7/365.

i suppose they could sell it to themselves and then sell it as a private sale, but if they got caught doing that i'm pretty certain that they would loose their license and the very least. prosecution possibly.

I love Kumail Nanjiani. I just saw him in an episode of Community yesterday afternoon (binge-watching the series), and listened to an episode of his on-hiatus Indoor Kids podcast on the way to work this morning.

Kumail Nanjiani

✔@kumailn

#MuslimsReportStuff Gremlins 2 is the rare sequel that completely deconstructs the franchise. For my money, it's better than the first. 12:15 AM - 10 Oct 2016 7,9507,950 likes

not if the dealer bought the firearms as a dealer (used their FFL license). they cannot just sell that firearm as a private citizen. they have to maintain a list of the firearms and serial numbers as a dealer, and the list is subject to ATF inspection 24/7/365.

i suppose they could sell it to themselves and then sell it as a private sale, but if they got caught doing that i'm pretty certain that they would loose their license and the very least. prosecution possibly.

As far as I know, there is no law that prevents a dealer from moving guns in and out of their private stock.

In any case, there is a loophole, and it needs to be closed. People need to stop claiming that *any* gun regulation is just the first step at taking your guns away. Gun owners have a choice at this moment in time: they can become part of the solution, or they can have a solution forced upon them.

Priceless!
image.png

As far as I know, there is no law that prevents a dealer from moving guns in and out of their private stock.

In any case, there is a loophole, and it needs to be closed. People need to stop claiming that *any* gun regulation is just the first step at taking your guns away. Gun owners have a choice at this moment in time: they can become part of the solution, or they can have a solution forced upon them.

FFL rules require dealers who own personal firearms to keep both a work log book and a personal log book (basically registers of firearms, serial numbers, and disposition). Transferring a gun from the work log to a personal log is perfectly legal, but the firearm can not be sold for 1 year from the date of the transfer. The BATF is well aware that one could transfer a gun and do a 'personal sale' to skirt regulations, and they watch logs for things like this. One can readily transfer the gun back from a personal log to a work log and sell it at any time, but that would require the 4473 to sell it to the buyer.

Not arguing any specific point, just adding a bit of information.

Last edited:
http://people.com/style/pussy-bow-history-melania-trump/?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplestyle

Melania Trump's Blouse Gets Attention at Debate
The wife of Donald Trump wore a $1,100 Gucci "Pussy-bow silk crepe de chine shirt" at the debate

AP_16284036546736.jpg

AP
Melania Trump, wife of Donald Trump, arrives before the second presidential debate between Republi can presidential nominee Donald Trump and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton at Washington University in St. Louis, Sunday, Oct. 9, 2016.

Melania Trump denounced her husband's crude comments about women in a statement, but it was a blouse she wore to the presidential debate Sunday night that left some wondering if she had more to say about Donald Trump's behavior.

Melania Trump donned a demure fuchsia top with a bow tied at the neck-- known as a pussy bow or pussycat bow. Gucci called its $1,100 item a "Pussy-bow silk crepe de chine shirt."

AP_16284103834430.jpg
Highlights From the 2016 Campaign Trail

In 11-year-old audio released on Friday, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump bragged about trying to have sex with a married woman and grabbing women by their genitals.

"And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything ... Grab them by the p****. You can do anything," Trump said in the recording published Friday by The Washington Post and NBC News.

And of course, Obama reading a book is now a thing since he used the word "pussy". Because he was reading a book. And the character in the book said "pussy". And for all of the racists out there its even better because he talks about eating ribs.

https://www.conservativeoutfitters....says-gotta-have-them-ribs-and-p-ssy-too-video

I fucking hate people today. There is so much dumb shit going on that people just spew out their mouth holes without engaging their brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back