OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very significant percentage of them also were first time voters who didn't make much effort to understand the process, and didn't have their ducks in a row (proper registration, proper place and time, etc.) when it came time to cast their votes. So a quite a few of them didn't get to vote due to their own errors.

And then cried about it being a conspiracy against them.
Truth.

My beliefs on that aren't so much a conspiracy theory but just pointing out how education has changed.

Civics simply isn't taught anymore. I never voted before I met my wife (I was 25 while she was just about to turn 30). While I did understand the government process better than most the whole system was still a bit of a mystery to me. While she's not significantly older than I am she did come from a time where civics was actually a concern in the school systems. I learned a lot about how it worked from her and she would always ask me "They didn't teach you this in high school? WTF?"

That's changed and that's how we get candidates like Trump and candidates like Bernie lose.

EDIT: I derped on a couple sentences and fixed them.

And then cried about it being a conspiracy against them.

One thing that I've learned from this years' version of the political process is that anything that doesn't go my way is a conspiracy. Kids didn't take the trash out? Conspiracy. Mushrooms on my pizza when I asked for pepperoni? Conspiracy. The light turns red just as I get to the intersection? Conspiracy.

One thing that I've learned from this years' version of the political process is that anything that doesn't go my way is a conspiracy. Kids didn't take the trash out? Conspiracy. Mushrooms on my pizza when I asked for pepperoni? Conspiracy. The light turns red just as I get to the intersection? Conspiracy.
That last one is actually technology and laziness in programming.

I'm not voting for Clinton either. I'm voting against Trump. Clinton is just the strongest candidate with the best chance of beating him. And I won't waste my vote on a third party candidate. I'll vote for candidates that are more left wing than Clinton down ticket.

I feel the same.
For me, I feel I have a responsibility to do my best to prevent Trump from ever being elected. Not so much for me, but for my son and grand kids.

giphy.gif

Apropos (and an ass-kicking song to boot):

CSMIndex.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back