OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh

Alternative caption:

One party says "All Lives Matter".
The other likes getting 99% of the black vote.

:thu:

Basically what I was thinking, except I might have added something about pandering to minorities to get their vote, but really they're fucking them just as had as republicans. See banks that are "too big" to fail.

Politics are fluid, and things definitely change.

Lately the GOP sure is doing a bang up job of pushing minorities away from the party. I wouldn't be surprised to see that 1/3 drop to 1/8 for the POTUS vote.

One day this past May, Donald Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., reached out to a senior adviser to Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, who left the presidential race just a few weeks before. As a candidate, Kasich declared in March that Trump was “really not prepared to be president of the United States,” and the following month he took the highly unusual step of coordinating with his rival Senator Ted Cruz in an effort to deny Trump the nomination. But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named), Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history?

When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?

“Making America great again” was the casual reply.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/magazine/how-donald-trump-picked-his-running-mate.html

icon_conf

Bwwaaaahahhahhaaaa. Now that he might actually have to BE president, he is looking for someone to handle all the annoying work aspects of the job. Maybe he figured out that president of the united states is an around the clock job at which difficult decisions must be made that have real consequences.

I feel kind of bad for Melania. I guarantee you she did not write that speech, it was handed to her and she had to (probably reluctantly) deliver it with all the enthusiasm she could muster. Now she's getting nothing but ridicule for it. She may be the first in line to vote for Hillary so she doesn't have to bear 4 years of that.

I was wondering the same thing about whether or not they copied it on purpose. I mean, either the staffer that wrote the speech is so dumb he figured nobody would notice, or he did it on purpose to generate buzz. Like @Beyer160 said, in the long run it really won't matter, but for the next week all we'll hear about is Melania's speech instead of the sideshow that is the convention. :shrug:

What I mean is, both parties want party unity. They are both desperate for it. They need that automatic, always vote for X party, then they can fight it out for the 30% that "votes for the man/woman, not the party. If they don't have the base, they are screwed.

Was just thinking GOP is so desperate for their voters to get behind Trump, and it has got better for them but a lot still ain't going to do it, that they are trying a different tack. His wife is likeable, lets build on that.

13669077_617483555077188_1566996721897499708_n.jpg

Now I understand why so many countries have a powerless president to do the figurehead work while the technocrats actually run the nation.

Number one is clearly a moron who should think before he exercises his right to free speech. Suggesting a presidential candidate should be shot is never a good idea, even if what he likely meant was after a conviction for treason and sentence to death. Not bright to say something like that.

Number two is Trump damage control. Seems a little odd to have Kasich, or anyone, just making up shit like that...especially as it doesn't really matter.

I love the phrase "domestic and foreign policy". That's pretty much all of it, right? If you're in the wine section, it's either domestic or import. Trump just wants to be in control of the political equivalent of boxed Franzia and cooking sherry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back