OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
31672383_10204479045251646_3346306481711480832_n.jpg

wtf is wrong with people? (rhetorical question, no answer needed)
girl buys a dress for prom that she thinks is pretty and then gets blasted for........wait for it......racism and "cultural appropriation". what the fuck is 'cultural appropriation'? (no, i don't need a definition of it, i need to know why the fuck it exists.)

if i wear a Guiness shirt, am i misappropriating Irish culture?

it's like a whole giant chunk of america/the world are desperately searching for anything they can be mad at.
no fucking wonder we can't get anything fixed in the US.

How a Pretty Prom Dress Helped Reveal Rot in the American Soul
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018...dress-helped-reveal-rot-in-the-american-soul/

wtf is wrong with people? (rhetorical question, no answer needed)
girl buys a dress for prom that she thinks is pretty and then gets blasted for........wait for it......racism and "cultural appropriation". what the fuck is 'cultural appropriation'? (no, i don't need a definition of it, i need to know why the fuck it exists.)

if i wear a Guiness shirt, am i misappropriating Irish culture?

it's like a whole giant chunk of america/the world are desperately searching for anything they can be mad at.
no fucking wonder we can't get anything fixed in the US.

How a Pretty Prom Dress Helped Reveal Rot in the American Soul
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018...dress-helped-reveal-rot-in-the-american-soul/

My take:

- Cultural appreciation is a real thing.

- National Review writer is a fucking idiot.

- I generally support cultural critics...

- But anyone - especially adults in positions of power - should show consideration in choosing targets. There are a million better examples to illustrate these kinds of problems than to single out a child raised in a (presumably) conservative environment that lacks cultural diversity and equality.

- Twitter is an especially poor medium for these sorts of discussions. Grey area evaporates in seconds and we’re left with “it’s just a dress!” and “it’s yellowface!”, both of which are overly simplistic assessments.

Cultural appropriation is a thing. People who know better should not do it. Teens are dumb and someone should help them know better.

In general, it’s best to “punch up” when you’re gonna make a joke/stink/example.

Hey, look, the extreme self denial/self hate homosexuals are passing laws again. Just step out of the fucking closet and let everyone else go about their lives, assholes.
This post reminded me of all the Onion articles about church members in the closet. They're too raunchy to post a link, but I find them funny.

So this is the right place for this.

I don't buy from Sweetwater because the CEO supports politicians I don't agree with. I didn't know that the last time I bought from them, and won't be buying from them again.

Crap. I was planning on going to gearfest this year. Haven't gone for 10? years. How bad is it? Can I go and not feel bad?

White House defends seizure of Trump's medical records

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-of-trumps-medical-records/ar-AAwBvDQ?ocid=sf

WASHINGTON — The White House says President Donald Trump's former bodyguard did nothing out of the ordinary when he took possession of the president's medical records in what Trump's former doctor says felt like a "raid."

Harold Bornstein, Trump's longtime personal doctor, told NBC that Keith Schiller and two others showed up at his office in February 2017 in an episode that left him feeling "frightened" and "sad."

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders defended the move: "As is standard operating procedure for a new president, the White House Medical Unit took possession of the president's medical records."

She disputed that it had the feel of a raid.

The incident took place two days after Bornstein divulged that he had prescribed Trump Propecia, a drug to combat hair loss in men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back