OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to also point out that April 19 is the start of the American Revolution, which in part motivated McVeigh's bombing (also 4/19). It's a date that lingers on in the awareness of law enforcement.

Maybe they got a warning?
are you replying to my post?
if so, yes the article says that Pitt police had info that there might be a large protest if mueller is fired.

Apparently, Shitler hasn't said or done anything new and stupid ALL DAY today. I am shocked. (and very nervously waiting for the shoe to drop)

Dubya's problem was that he had Cheney and Rumsfeld. I don't think Dubya himself was a bad guy but what happened on his watch was bad because of those two.
That, and he wanted to handle the presidency like the rush chairman at the fraternity, and make his underlings do his work. That allowed Cheney and Rumsfeld to take advantage. Kinda like dumbass getting manipulated right now, but different.

Popular myth. He was every bit as bad for his role as they were for theirs.

If only for what I said above, I agree.

Last edited:
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/04/fox-news-sean-hannity-michael-cohen-murdoch
“YOU ONLY HIRE COHEN FOR ONE REASON”: INSIDE FOX NEWS, SEAN HANNITY’S MICHAEL COHEN DISCLOSURE STOKES A CRISIS AS MURDOCH WAVERS ON TRUMP

The symbiotic relationship between Donald Trump and Fox News can make it difficult to discern where the Trump administration ends and the network begins. But yesterday’s revelation in Manhattan federal court, that Trump’s lawyer Michael Cohen’s three-person client roster includes Sean Hannity, was shocking, even to those inside Fox News. “What the fuck? This is the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever seen,” one staffer told me. “This is bad,” another Fox staffer said. “It violates every rule of journalism.”

It was a surreal moment inside Fox as the news broke and producers scrambled to make sense of the developments. Hannity, according to sources, had not informed senior Fox News executives about his undisclosed relationship with Cohen, so the network was basically flying blind. Adding to the chaos, Hannity was in the middle of hosting his afternoon radio show, and weighed in live on air without clearing his response with Fox’s notoriously controlling public-relations department. His opaque, have-it-both-ways explanation—that he wasn’t really a Cohen client, and that he merely consulted him informally about “real estate,” while still maintaining that attorney client privilege applied—did little to stop Fox journalists from speculating about just what, exactly, Cohen did for Hannity.

According to employees I spoke to, a range of theories swirled through the newsroom. Did Hannity have a woman problem like Cohen clients Trump and Elliott Broidy, the former Republican fund-raiser who paid $1.6 million to a former Playboy model who had an abortion amid an affair with Broidy? “Everyone’s first impression was the same: you only hire Cohen for one reason,” one staffer said. Another staffer speculated Hannity hired Cohen to help him fight left-wing groups that were orchestrating an advertiser boycott after Hannity fanned the Seth Rich conspiracy last year. “Hannity was paranoid and hiring lawyers,” the staffer said. Still another theory posited that Cohen perhaps brokered a meeting between Hannity and Julian Assange last year. [snip]

The choice not to discipline Hannity frustrated some staffers. “Who makes decisions about this crap?” one told me. Fox News president of programming Suzanne Scott oversees Hannity’s show, and perhaps was reluctant to confront the network’s biggest star. Hannity’s closeness with Trump has given him immense power at the network, and he’s not afraid to show it. When he visited Mar-a-Lago earlier this month, Hannity bragged to a guest: “I’m the only thing holding this network together.” (Hannity denies saying this.) [snip]
Phucker. I hope he gets curbed.

WRT racism in this US society, it is hard to discuss as a whole. I do believe that at times we, or at least the common news outlets and more civilized sections of the country, were wanting to do better. Those souls did not always know how. I know i didn't and am still learning. It is so much deeper than I realized at the first MLK day dinner I attended years ago in the 80's, or reading about MLK before that. You can fly a diversity flag and want to do the right thing and still phuck it up. But beyond that, the areas of the country where change was somewhat forced upon them never really accepted it apparently. At least a large enough percentage of the population in those areas. In my work I have learned that you cannot force someone to change. An asshole divorcee who is going to use the kids as pawns will often, probably more often than not, remain an asshole. As a judge I learned from over the years said from the bench "Mr. (or Ms.) so and so, I cannot make you be a better divorced co-parent, or put your kids first. But if you keep this up, I can make your life hell." (with the contempt power of the court, the ability to award fees, etc.) I heard a similar speech from the same guy regarding repeat DUI offenders. Can't make someone stop drinking. That person has to decide. You can only attempt to protect the public, and maybe punish the person into being forced to change to some extent.

I think racism is like that. Even those that want to change have a hard time understanding how to fully. I know I, with my lily white privileged upbringing, still don't handle everything in the best way. But those that don't want to change . . . very hard to change them. We have made some steps along the way, and marginalized over the years the hold outs. But the success there has largely been undone, and those that were ostracized now feel emboldened. Yes, they never completely changed. But we had made progress in reducing their power. Now we have more work to do.

Abstinence works great, .

Sure does in Texeas, where 83% of the school districts teach abstinence-based sex ed classes:: https://www.npr.org/sections/health...y-programs-may-contribute-to-teen-pregnancies

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/e...-ed-study-Texas-school-districts-10950759.php

North East ISD, which oversees 19 high school and middle schools, uses two abstinence-plus materials and three abstinence-only materials, according to the study. Researchers found that in talking about sexual assault and rape, North East ISD used a portion of the 2003 textbook 'Scott and White Worth the Wait," which is now called "Scott and White Wellness and Sexual Health."

The paragraph shared with students said:

"Be aware of situations that might cause others to misinterpret your behavior. An example would be a girl dancing provocatively or a girl wearing suggestive, body-exposing clothing. Make sure your actions and attire clearly reflect to others your intentions not to have sex."

Researchers said, "passages like this reinforce the message that women are sexual gatekeepers for men and are responsible if they are the victims of sexual assault."

again, boys and girls, you just can't make this kind of shit up :facepalm:
Kris Kobach, Face of Trump’s Voter Fraud Panel, Is Held in Contempt by Judge
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/18/us/kris-kobach-voter-fraud.html

"Kris W. Kobach, the secretary of state of Kansas and face of the Trump administration’s efforts to clamp down on supposed voter fraud, was found by a federal judge on Wednesday to have disobeyed orders to notify thousands of Kansans in 2016 that they were registered to vote."

"Mr. Kobach was previously fined $1,000 for his “deceptive conduct and lack of candor” before a federal court. That penalty was upheld by Judge Robinson last year."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back