OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
not surprising, but there ya are.

Trump’s Personal Driver for 25 Years Sues for Unpaid Overtime
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-driver-for-25-years-sues-for-unpaid-overtime

"Donald Trump’s personal driver for more than 25 years says the billionaire real estate developer didn’t pay him overtime and raised his salary only twice in 15 years, clawing back the second raise by cutting off his health benefits." [that sounds quite familiar]

"Noel Cintron, who is listed in public records as a registered Republican, sued the Trump Organization for about 3,300 hours of overtime that he says he worked in the past six years. He’s not allowed to sue for overtime prior to that due to the statute of limitations."

not surprising, but there ya are.

Trump’s Personal Driver for 25 Years Sues for Unpaid Overtime
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-driver-for-25-years-sues-for-unpaid-overtime

"Donald Trump’s personal driver for more than 25 years says the billionaire real estate developer didn’t pay him overtime and raised his salary only twice in 15 years, clawing back the second raise by cutting off his health benefits." [that sounds quite familiar]

"Noel Cintron, who is listed in public records as a registered Republican, sued the Trump Organization for about 3,300 hours of overtime that he says he worked in the past six years. He’s not allowed to sue for overtime prior to that due to the statute of limitations."
If he was treated so poorly, why did he keep the job for 25 years? ...and who waits 6 years before complaining about not being paid overtime? Either that guy is an idiot, or there's more to this story. I'll admit, I did not click the link and read it, but just from what you pasted, it seems a bit odd. :shrug:

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...obb-attended-show-of-a-band-called-copstabber

NOT THE ONION.

Former Trump lawyer Ty Cobb dances to band called Copstabber

Snipped from the twitter comments...

DhnRlocUEAAC0ko.jpg

" . . . and finally I'd like to say every sperm is sacred. Thank you."
since i am not watching tv at the moment, because i cannot stomach seeing that orange fucking shit gibbon on MY tv, i will presume you are referring to his fascist SCOTUS pick. i have no idea who it is, but i'm sure it will be all over everything for the next several weeks.

Chasing down Mitch McConnell and yelling stupid insults is still non-violent, IMO. The question is, why are they yelling insults at him? Is it because he's a filthy Republican and all Republicans must be stopped? Or is it because he supports institutional racism, and institutional racism should be stopped? So long as it's the latter, I'm totally fine with it.
Isn't the institutional racism what makes him a filthy Republican?

since i am not watching tv at the moment, because i cannot stomach seeing that orange fucking shit gibbon on MY tv, i will presume you are referring to his fascist SCOTUS pick. i have no idea who it is, but i'm sure it will be all over everything for the next several weeks.
Brett Kavanaugh.

yep

Where Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh stands on key issues
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/09/politics/kavanaugh-on-the-issues/index.html

i'm not going to post the entire article, which should be read, but notice that on every one of these key issues, Kavanaugh is writing the dissenting opinion.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I read even more into Kavanaugh's dissent on the illegal immigrant abortion case. It sounds like to me that he is saying, without explicitly stating it, that non citizens are not covered by US Constitution protection.

This is a common Conservative wet dream, but James Madison himself said the Constitution would apply to everyone on US soil, and this has been upheld by about a dozen SCOTUS rulings. Maybe Roe vs Wade won't be the only SCOTUS ruling overturned by the new court.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I read even more into Kavanaugh's dissent on the illegal immigrant abortion case. It sounds like to me that he is saying, without explicitly stating it, that non citizens are not covered by US Constitution protection.

This is a common Conservative wet dream, but James Madison himself said the Constitution would apply to everyone on US soil, and this has been upheld by about a dozen SCOTUS rulings. Maybe Roe vs Wade won't be the only SCOTUS ruling overturned by the new court.

Personally, I don't think you're being paranoid. You're spot on, on both points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back