Whoa, whoa, whoa.
I need to chime in here. Today kerouac posted a thread about being back on HC. i didn't even know he was gone so I went back and looked at his poasts to see what all the fuss was about. That led me to this Mark Wein controversy. Today is the first time I have ever heard of it.
Let me say that I had absolutely nothing to do with any of this, and frankly Mark, I'm kinda disappointed to see that you didn't squash that speculation in the bud when it was raised this thread but whatever. Thanks to Howie. Tamoore, suck it you bastid.
All I know so far is from this thread, Korouac's rant and what Motorik told me. I haven't even checked into the HC Office yet to see what's in there about this. I actually was gone from HC altogether for about a solid month.
Anyway, and for the record, HC has a point about the whole thing but the fact of the matter is that (speaking for myself only) I like Mark and wasn't particularly inclined to take him to task for promoting his site on HC because at the end of the day I guess I was playing favorites and because I like him and his guitar lessons.
But let's face it, we zap lots of spam and spam-ish type posts on HC and it's not like Mark doesn't joke around about "spamming" HC. I don't think he really disputes this nor do I think it makes him a bad person or anything, but let's see it for what it is: an uncomfortable little issue that I wish never came up, really.
In any event, you can go ahead and chalk it up to crappy moderating on my part if you like. I did actually think this issue over at various points in time over the past year and made an affirmative decision to ignore it, at least as far as my so-microscopic-as-to-be-negligible influence with Harmony Central goes. Read: I gots no juice over there.
Mark, post lessons as youtube links and be done with it. Everyone digs them so I don't see why you'd refrain from continuing to provide that solid content to the community as you have stated was your goal all along.
So there you have it.
I need to chime in here. Today kerouac posted a thread about being back on HC. i didn't even know he was gone so I went back and looked at his poasts to see what all the fuss was about. That led me to this Mark Wein controversy. Today is the first time I have ever heard of it.
Let me say that I had absolutely nothing to do with any of this, and frankly Mark, I'm kinda disappointed to see that you didn't squash that speculation in the bud when it was raised this thread but whatever. Thanks to Howie. Tamoore, suck it you bastid.

All I know so far is from this thread, Korouac's rant and what Motorik told me. I haven't even checked into the HC Office yet to see what's in there about this. I actually was gone from HC altogether for about a solid month.
Anyway, and for the record, HC has a point about the whole thing but the fact of the matter is that (speaking for myself only) I like Mark and wasn't particularly inclined to take him to task for promoting his site on HC because at the end of the day I guess I was playing favorites and because I like him and his guitar lessons.
But let's face it, we zap lots of spam and spam-ish type posts on HC and it's not like Mark doesn't joke around about "spamming" HC. I don't think he really disputes this nor do I think it makes him a bad person or anything, but let's see it for what it is: an uncomfortable little issue that I wish never came up, really.
In any event, you can go ahead and chalk it up to crappy moderating on my part if you like. I did actually think this issue over at various points in time over the past year and made an affirmative decision to ignore it, at least as far as my so-microscopic-as-to-be-negligible influence with Harmony Central goes. Read: I gots no juice over there.
Mark, post lessons as youtube links and be done with it. Everyone digs them so I don't see why you'd refrain from continuing to provide that solid content to the community as you have stated was your goal all along.
So there you have it.




