Grill Envy

go vegan and you won't need a grill....dude cop0
I dunno, I'm always throwing corn, zucchini, etc on the grill next to my meats. If I were vegan, I'd probably do the same thing, just without the meats.

I think charcoal grills give the best flavor, but they're a pain in the ass. Between waiting for the coals to get hot, waiting for the coals to get cold and disposing of the ashes, it's just not worth it for me. I went propane and never looked back. Turn the dial and you're ready to grill in minutes. Mine has a little tray to put wood chips in to add smoke if you want to. A nice feature that mostly works OK. I use it sometimes.

If you don't have a tray for wood,make a foil packet from 2 sbeets of heavy duty foil.
Add chips,poke holes in the top.
Throw that on top of an unused burner.

Replace every 2 hours.

I use 3/4 wet and 1/4 dry in the packet.

Is there a grocery store nearby?

gbhdetwdyhujewidgewdhug6hudeywt5dgyehw6dghdewdwe.jpg

I bought a weber 18 inch in April and have used it lots since then. A chimney starter really helps.

I had a cheap gas one I've still got that I used quite a lot last year but it's sitting dooing nothing just now. I'll probably keep it incase I need to do any big cooks.

Side question: I want to use some wood with the weber but even the big diy stores don't seem to have any in stock - is kindling ok to use or what am I looking for? I don't want something that's covered in all sorts of chemicals.

Go imto thr woods and pick up fallen branches. Oak is the most popular here.

Just don't use pine.

Go imto thr woods and pick up fallen branches. Oak is the most popular here.

Just don't use pine.
Definitely do NOT use pine. Most hardwoods are good. I have Maple, Oak and Plum branches readily available in my yard and they all produce good results.

I bought a Char Griller Akorn Kamado acouple of months ago. It's heavy enameled steel, not ceramic so it's lighter and less expensive than a BGE.

I can go low and slow for smoking (it held around 200F for 16 hours) or get blazing hot (the thermometer only goes up to 700F, and I was banging the end of that) for pizza and almost instant grilling.

It's about $300 at Home Depot.

master:CG071.jpg

Oh, it's 22-inch diameter cooking surface. I've had a pork shoulder and a brisket flat on at the same time with plenty of room.

I bought a Char Griller Akorn Kamado acouple of months ago. It's heavy enameled steel, not ceramic so it's lighter and less expensive than a BGE.

I can go low and slow for smoking (it held around 200F for 16 hours) or get blazing hot (the thermometer only goes up to 700F, and I was banging the end of that) for pizza and almost instant grilling.

It's about $300 at Home Depot.

master:CG071.jpg
I am gonna look into one i
of those.

Definitely do NOT use pine. Most hardwoods are good. I have Maple, Oak and Plum branches readily available in my yard and they all produce good results.

How would I even know what is what? A lot of venues I do are on country estates and often have tree cuttings on the drive up but I'd have no clue what I was getting!

How would I even know what is what? A lot of venues I do are on country estates and often have tree cuttings on the drive up but I'd have no clue what I was getting!
That is a tough one. Is there nuch pine in the UK?

Back