Give me something to watch on Netflix

I enjoy Bateman most in Ozark when he's given the opportunity to do his "Listen up, you stupid son of a bitch, here's the reality of your situation" type of monologues. A great example is when he first encounters Ruth and the rest of the crew in the campground bathroom and gives them the "you're gonna have to kill me" speech, but there are similar scenes throughout the season.

The last Netflix show I watched was season 3 of Bloodline. It was redundant garbage, no wonder it got canceled.

Now I’m waiting for The Defenders. Hopefully it won’t suck like Iron Fist did. They should have replaced the Iron Fist with the Punisher and pretended Iron Fist never happened. On the upside, we’ll probably get to see Wai Ching Ho and Sigourney Weaver speechifying at each other, which should be great.

The last Netflix show I watched was season 3 of Bloodline. It was redundant garbage, no wonder it got canceled.

That was unfortunate. My understanding is they were expecting to be renewed and they suddenly found themselves scrambling to condense several seasons worth of plot into one season. Season 3 is the mess that resulted.

I thought the first season was very strong, but in hindsight they probably should have ended it there.

Also just watched Ari Shaffir's two netflix specials. Two 45 minute routines, one about childhood that other about adulthood. I enjoyed them quite a bit.

Got through most of the special Sherlock Holmes (the one that takes place in the 1890s) and will be starting the latest season.

I'll warn you up front, Sherlock jumps the shark, very, very hard in the last season. I think the writers wanted to guarantee there wouldn't be another season.

That was unfortunate. My understanding is they were expecting to be renewed and they suddenly found themselves scrambling to condense several seasons worth of plot into one season. Season 3 is the mess that resulted.

I thought the first season was very strong, but in hindsight they probably should have ended it there.
Agree 100%. The first season told a great, complete story. There was no need for anything else.

I'll warn you up front, Sherlock jumps the shark, very, very hard in the last season. I think the writers wanted to guarantee there wouldn't be another season.

Yeah, Sherlock was always hit-and-miss, but it felt very fun and fresh in its 2 seasons. In its 3rd and 4th, it got old and tired and dated and boring overnight.

Now I’m waiting for The Defenders. Hopefully it won’t suck like Iron Fist did. They should have replaced the Iron Fist with the Punisher and pretended Iron Fist never happened. On the upside, we’ll probably get to see Wai Ching Ho and Sigourney Weaver speechifying at each other, which should be great.

I'm pretty sure that they will be doing a Punisher stand-alone series.

For me, the Netflix/Marvel content has failed horribly whenever it deals with The Hand, and has succeeded very well when it doesn't. Compelling villains or anti-heroes are essential for making those shows work; the Kingpin, the Punisher, and the Purple Man all made for good storylines. An infinite stream of faceless ninjas is boring as fuck.

I just watched a show called Nobody Speak. It was extremely compelling. Gawker was a main component in it. The film examines how people with money can control the media. Quite a few curtains being pulled back in this one.

P eter T hiel is a **** sucker. I don't mean that in the way of a slur toward his sexuality but in the way that people used to use the word to describe an incredibly deplorable human being.

The media, despite all of its flaws, should have the freedom to report.

I watched Who The F**k Is That Guy? The Fabulous Journey of Michael Alago last night. It's certainly not the greatest documentary in the world, but it's engaging and the guy's life is fascinating.

To me, it felt like they were doing a single season or mini series, then they decided to go on with it. Like original idea was finished with season 1, then they had to make shit up to keep it going. The first season was great, but I think that was mainly because of Ben Mendelsohn. He really carried the show.

I watched Who The F**k Is That Guy? The Fabulous Journey of Michael Alago last night. It's certainly not the greatest documentary in the world, but it's engaging and the guy's life is fascinating.

I just looked up who he is. I'm not a Metallica fan by any stretch, but I do love musical related documentaries.

I’ve been watching Sacred Games and it’s excellent. It’s an Indian gangster epic from the same guy who directed Gangs of Wasseypur. It’s in hindi, so you have to live with subtitles or the english dub, but it’s totally worth it.

Wind River was quite good. Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen actually acting in a whodunnit, instead of running around shooting at aliens and stuff.

I'm pretty sure that they will be doing a Punisher stand-alone series.

For me, the Netflix/Marvel content has failed horribly whenever it deals with The Hand, and has succeeded very well when it doesn't. Compelling villains or anti-heroes are essential for making those shows work; the Kingpin, the Punisher, and the Purple Man all made for good storylines. An infinite stream of faceless ninjas is boring as fuck.

They did. Punisher was a pretty good series that extends the tangent from the DD Season 2 story arc.

I would rank it up better than the second half of Luke Cage season 1 but not quite as good as the first half of Luke Cage season 1. :grin:

They did. Punisher was a pretty good series that extends the tangent from the DD Season 2 story arc.

I would rank it up better than the second half of Luke Cage season 1 but not quite as good as the first half of Luke Cage season 1. :grin:

Yes, have seen.

(The post you quoted was from last summer)

Both seasons of Jessica Jones and the first season of Daredevil remain best of Marvel/Netflix.

Back