2022 Concert Thread

tiger roach

Urban Bovine Knievel
I guess we don’t have a concert thread yet for this year? So here ya go.

Today I scored tix to see Billy Strings in April. It’s a new outdoor venue in Austin. Stoked!

Last edited:
Like every year since 1997 I do not have tickets to anything....nor will I :embarrassed:

We have tickets for Elton John in a couple of weeks, but between the latest outbreak and my wife's likely upcoming surgery I doubt we'll be seeing it.

I have tickets for Evanescence and Halestorm for Jan 14, rescheduled from December 12th.
Alice Cooper tickets for January 28th.
And, on a non-musical note, Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood doing improv Jan 29 - the 4th time it's been rescheduled since we bought the original tickets for early March 2020.

Last edited:
I had tickets to see Gary Numan last year, and he delayed his tour for the second time, so now I have tickets for March and I’m not sure that I’ll still care enough to go. I’m definitely going to see Sleep in April. They’re playing a 4,000 person venue with a huge stage so I’m expecting to see an absurd wall of amps; Matt and Al will probably rent out every backline amp in town. There’s even a good hotel in walking distance so I can drive out in the afternoon, take a disco nap, enjoy the show, and walk back to the hotel without driving home. Steve Vai is in Boulder next month, I might go just because it’s a local small venue show. Krishna Das in March, I might go to that just to get baked and have a weird experience. Godspeed You… are coming, again, I might go just to get high. There are a bunch of metal shows coming up in Denver that I’d like to see but I hate driving at night (astigmatism) and taking Uber/Lyft is crazy expensive here because most of the drivers got better paying jobs, so I’ll skip them.

I have a ticket to see Marty Stueart on January 29 at the Milford Theater in PA...hopefully it happens..
Marty is a very underrated player, IMO, and his band The Fabulous Superlatives are all top notch as well. They've been on my "to see" list for a while. Good to know they're touring, I'll keep an eye out for 'em.

I guess we don’t have a concert thread yet for this year? So here ya go.

Today I scored tix to see Billy Strings in April. It’s a new outdoor venue in Austin. Stoked!

Awesome, I'm jealous. What a great fucking clip, I was meaning to start a thread about his use of an acoustic and his pedalboard galactica on that song, as well as others. Who else does anything close to that?

Son Volt in two weeks.

2nd row center for Colin Hay in May.

Telluride Bluegrass Festival in June.

I'm planning on Son Volt March 2nd if we haven't shut it down again. Haven't gotten tickets yet, but I'm not buying anything too far in advance these days :grin:

The only show we have scheduled thus far is the rescheduled Barenaked Ladies show for Wolf Trap from 2020.

There's a bunch of other shows that I want to see in the next coupla months, but I'm still not doing indoor venues. Our oldest song managed to get COVID just in time for the holidays and we're not looking to revisit that. Somehow the rest of us avoided it before he went into 10 days of isolation. We didn't travel for the holidays as we have family that are ineligible for vaccination due to medical conditions. Anyway...

Was hoping to go see at least two of Tedeschi Trucks shows at the Warner, but it's not happening. We will definitely be hitting more DMB, Avett Brothers, and various other shed/outdoor shows as long it's safe this spring through autumn.

Back