What's the best sammich Subway has?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chihlidog, Jul 8, 2010.

Jul 8, 2010
  1. Chihlidog n00b

I have a gift card for Subway, so that's lunch. I usually go for the Italian BMT or the Chicken Teryaki. Can I do better?
  2. Jul 8, 2010
  3. Mark Wein :mad:

I hate Subway. I usually get a meatball sammich double meat and double cheese, though. And a bib :weebz:
  4. Jul 8, 2010
  5. reverend1 n00b

The one they sell at jimmy johns.
  6. Jul 8, 2010
  7. Kerouac weird musical dildo

Oven Roasted Chicken Breast w/ Pepper Jack Cheese and a load of tomatos.
  8. Jul 8, 2010
  9. Kerouac weird musical dildo

:love:

I actually haven't eaten there in a month. :(
  10. Jul 8, 2010
  11. reverend1 n00b

I'm heading there in a few minutes.
  12. Jul 8, 2010
  13. Phil513 n00b

For all the bitching about subway, i really do like the meatball one. All others disappoint me though.
  14. Jul 8, 2010
  15. Chihlidog n00b

Well, I much prefer JJs, but like I said, I has gift card. Free food is always better.
  16. Jul 8, 2010
  17. baimun funk shui

The Subway by my office has Chicken Salad (the real deal... not that summer bullshit with the fruit and nuts... barf :annoyed:)

When you combine Chicken salad with jalapenos, banana peppers, and pepper jack cheese.... Mmmm...... :p
  18. Jul 8, 2010
  19. trill Junior Mint

Give that gift card to a bum and go buy a real sammich.
  20. Jul 8, 2010
  21. Prages User Error

I honestly don't get the subway hate.

I mean, you tell them exactly what to put on it. I haven't ever noticed their lettuce or tomatos being any different than anybody else's. And I know some of you say the bread sucks, but I haven't found that to be true either. :idk:

I haven't tried JJ's. There's one within walking distance, though, and I didn't bring my lunch today, so today may be the day.
  22. Jul 8, 2010
  23. baimun funk shui

Prages is right.

JJ's, Subway, and Blimpy all make subs..... the biggest difference is what kind of hot peppers each does and doesn't carry. :idk:

It's not like any of them are made with unicorn tears or panda sperm. :D
  24. Jul 8, 2010
  25. dmn23 n00b

Tuna and pepper jack on Italian Herbs & Cheese, toasted. Lettuce, jalapenos, onions, and a little oil & vinegar and salt & pepper. Boo-ya.
  26. Jul 8, 2010
  27. baimun funk shui

Fixed. :jj:
  28. Jul 8, 2010
  29. Kerouac weird musical dildo

:love:

I like the #14. I've tried about everything on the menu except for the one with everything on it and it's my favourite.
  30. Jul 8, 2010
  31. Phil513 n00b

Pragmatic post is pragmatic.
  32. Jul 8, 2010
  33. trill Junior Mint

Which is why I don't go to any of those places :jj:
  34. Jul 8, 2010
  35. FenderPusher Beardcore Apologist

Wheat roll > oven roasted chicken breast > pepper jack cheese > lettuce/tomato/onion/jalapeno > southwest sauce > eat.
  36. Jul 8, 2010
  37. Denverdave Resident Ragamuffin

Whatever is on the $5.00 foot long menu. I usually have the Spicy Italian and load it up with veggies & peppers, but I may need to try the chicken breast next time (since it is also on the $5.00 menu). For $5.00 it is a lot of food...
  38. Jul 8, 2010
  39. reverend1 n00b

I don't dislike Subway's food, it's certainly better than most fast food choices out there. I don't like the way they prepare it. Why does my sandwhich have to be handled by four different people before I eat it. That and I'm always behind some woman holding the the list of everyone in the offices order. That sucks.