What was the guitar that made you stop buying guitars?

Perhaps, in terms of electrics, the Vintage Summer of Love guitar. Between that and the Danelectro 63 reissue, I think I'm okay with electrics. As to acoustics, I'm loving the Epiphone Masterbuilt, but I keep looking at the Gibson J45...

And now I am back looking at the J45...:annoyed:

It has been in and out of my shopping cart several times. And, I am teaching an extra class this semester...

And, now I can say that my incoming J45 is the guitar that made me stop buying guitars. :embarrassed:
Sweet!! Can't wait for pics/review.
When I was about 22 a friend's neighbor had a J-45 even though she didn't play. I can't even begin to tell you how I badgered her to sell it to me...I'm not sure what year it was from but it probably was from the 70's I would guess...

Sweet!! Can't wait for pics/review.
When I was about 22 a friend's neighbor had a J-45 even though she didn't play. I can't even begin to tell you how I badgered her to sell it to me...I'm not sure what year it was from but it probably was from the 70's I would guess...
Back in 1967 through 1969 I used to go to Rosso's Music in Curtis Bay and try out the Gibson J45 but couldn't begin to be able to afford it. (I think it must have cost about $600-700 back then.) That longing has stayed with me, and the Epiphone Masterbuilt just stoked the flame more.

And, now I can say that my incoming J45 is the guitar that made me stop buying guitars. :embarrassed:

Did you play this one, or just randomly pull the trigger? I hope you ordered from an acoustic shop that deals in high end guitars and not just Musician's Friend...

I haven't bought another acoustic since purchased my Lowden thirteen years ago. It doesn't mean that I wouldn't like more nice acoustics, but the Lowden is ridiculously superior to anything else I've played.

Electrics? Shit, everyone can always use another electric guitar. :grin:

I haven't bought another acoustic since purchased my Lowden thirteen years ago. It doesn't mean that I wouldn't like more nice acoustics, but the Lowden is ridiculously superior to anything else I've played.

Electrics? Shit, everyone can always use another electric guitar. :grin:

I could stand to add a Lowden... :grin:

I could stand to add a Lowden... :grin:

Did you sell the Collings? Honestly, that's about the only acoustic that makes me tingly in my daddy parts. Not that I could afford it, but there you go.

You've still got the 000-15M, right? I've often thought about snatching up one of those. My only complaint about the Lowden is its girth. If I had it to do over again I would have preferred a slightly smaller body size (e.g. Richard Thompson model, L32c, etc).

Did you sell the Collings? Honestly, that's about the only acoustic that makes me tingly in my daddy parts. Not that I could afford it, but there you go.

You've still got the 000-15M, right? I've often thought about snatching up one of those. My only complaint about the Lowden is its girth. If I had it to do over again I would have preferred a slightly smaller body size (e.g. Richard Thompson model, L32c, etc).

No, and I can't ever forsee selling the Collings unless it was to fund a custom Collings, which would be silly because there's very little I would change. Pretty much just the inlays, really. Maybe a slothead... :embarrassed:

Yeah, I've got the Martin, but it's a 0-15MS Custom, not the standard production. I got it at Gruhn's and the custom options were real ebony bridge and fingerboard (instead of Rosewood or Richlite), slothead, and 1-3/4" nut.

1780814_3899382658516_1399487769_n.jpg

I will have a Collings 000 someday though; my step-father put that one for me in the will. I can't remember off-hand if it's the 0002 or the 0003... he only lets me play it once a year.

I’ve settled on semi-hollow body guitars exclusively, I’m satisfied with my cheapo ES-335-style (1-3/4 nut)

but if I get something else down the line, it’ll just be a higher-quality version of the same thing. :)

I've barely touched any of my other guitars since I bought the Taylor 522e over 15 months ago.

18964670466_54f0740444_b.jpg

Back