What do you go think of this trade off for my Suhr?

No.

Here's my reasoning, and I don't like it one bit:

Richlite

Richlite has been made out to be the low point of Gibson's existence, even though it was a perfectly reasonable and rational decision on their part. It's been demonized even more than baked maple (which was also a great solution). The Midtown line seems like a half hearted attempt to introduce the stuff and never really caught on because of it.

So despite it's forward thinking, I think you'll end up trying to sell another guitar that's difficult to get rid of.

Yeah. I just think the market is flooded with used boutique strata right now and so many of them have barely been used. Mine has been gigged for over a decade and looks like it.

Yeah. I just think the market is flooded with used boutique strata right now and so many of them have barely been used. Mine has been gigged for over a decade and looks like it.

The market is flooded, period. I don't think it has anything to do with the style of the guitar.

I wouldn't have thought that either of my Suhrs would be difficult to sell but they've sat there forever

i wouldn't do the trade personally, but you might scratch that 335 itch with this one. i doubt it, but it's possible.

i have had decent luck between TGP and Reverb selling things over the past 6 - 12 months. it takes a great price, great pictures, great info, great luck, great timing and great patience. same as every year. and some brands sell faster than others. and gear in great condition usually goes faster, even if you're factoring condition into your price.

I hated the midtown that I tried. It was like playing a dead fish.

76762531.TwhNLxDn.jpg

Back