What do you go think of this trade off for my Suhr?

Even though I'm a semi hollow fan and Gibson does make some nice very good ones that one doesn't excite me. I'd stay with what you've got.

But is there anything out there selling quickly?

It's always easier to sell Gibson and Fender....and only Gibson and Fender...because those brands have a larger, mass-market brand. People who aren't gear heads usually will buy one of those two brands. I know a few successful high-end gear stores and I know they will only stock one used PRS at a time because they take forever to find an educated buyer for. When they get used Kolls or Mellacons, they rarely sell for more than $1K, which means the stores have to get a rare, incredible deal in order to bother with them.

TGP sellers can bitch all they want, the guitar isn't selling, the price is too high.

There are two ways to handle that....

1) If one can afford to sit on it to wait for just the right customer who is searching for that guitar, then they can leave the price as is and when it sells... then it sells. ("I don't need to sell and it's only worth selling to me *if* I get this price").

Or 2) one can reduce the price and move the product ("must make room for the 2015 models!").

Last edited:
buying a well-gigged guitar off a music teacher who has a love and appreciation for the gear means you're buying a GREAT guitar. maybe put something like that in your ad? the power of marketing!

I took a look at one of those in a store and thought it would be like a 335 so I picked it up. It wasn't like a 335 is all I can say.

Back