WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's our dear boy Motorik. We thought you'd been killed at Angoville Farms.

Lol, you have an impressive memory. :) Is Monson still around?

How're tricks? I'm dredging up this up from long, long ago, but did you have plans to go to Mongolia for anthropology or something at one time? Did that ever pan out?

Anyway, nice to chat again!

Thanks for the NEU!

How're tricks? I'm dredging up this up from long, long ago, but did you have plans to go to Mongolia for anthropology or something at one time? Did that ever pan out?

Thanks for the NEU!

You have an impressive memory, I have an impressive google search. :embarrassed: I vaguely remember something like that but not exactly what it was. I did do archaeology for a while but closer to home. Are you still in the good ol' PR of C?

You have an impressive memory, I have an impressive google search. :embarrassed: I vaguely remember something like that but not exactly what it was. I did do archaeology for a while but closer to home. Are you still in the good ol' PR of C?

I am, indeed. I am very happy, but also quite busy. Maybe the two things are connected, although if I had the option I would never work another day in my life. :)

I say I am quite busy, I should say USUALLY I am quite busy. It's the Chinese New Year holiday period at the moment so I have quite a lot of time off work, and I did intend to do some traveling, but for that fell through (my wife dislocated her knee :( ). Next option: stay at home and play some guitar. Guitar thoughts lead to Mark Wein, and here I am. :)

I am, indeed. I am very happy, but also quite busy. Maybe the two things are connected, although if I had the option I would never work another day in my life. :)

I say I am quite busy, I should say USUALLY I am quite busy. It's the Chinese New Year holiday period at the moment so I have quite a lot of time off work, and I did intend to do some traveling, but for that fell through (my wife dislocated her knee :( ). Next option: stay at home and play some guitar. Guitar thoughts lead to Mark Wein, and here I am. :)

Glad you're livin' the life if a busy one. Travel in China or elsewhere? I did get to Ireland last fall. I was in Donegal; the change in scenery from here was somewhat dramatic. :embarrassed: Balmy as well.

Haven't seen Monson. We all thought he was killed at *googling* Semois. Hope you relocate your wife's knee!

Glad you're livin' the life if a busy one. Travel in China or elsewhere? I did get to Ireland last fall. I was in Donegal; the change in scenery from here was somewhat dramatic. :embarrassed: Balmy as well.

Haven't seen Monson. We all thought he was killed at *googling* Semois. Hope you relocate your wife's knee!

We wanted to go back to Ireland for my dad's 80th birthday, so we're pretty sad that didn't work out. Depending on schedule/flights we also thought about a quick holiday in Micronesia. None of that has panned out. Que sera and all that!

What did you make of Donegal? It's a funny place, I think. It's quite undeveloped in terms of cities and infrastructure and stuff (like, you wouldn't find a decent guitar shop in Donegal), yet it also manages at the same time to be hiving with visitors and holiday homes. It doesn't have the city amenities, but at the same time it doesn't have the wilderness, because at any moment there's a holiday cottage in sight. Ah well, who am I to judge them? I've always had a pleasant time in Donegal, and I am happy that so many people enjoy it.

The important thing is: what did you think of Donegal?

I do think the Atlantic coastline is stunning, and it has great surfing.

Thanks for the NEU!

By Baphomet, it’s Motorik :eek:

b28e17daec2eb963a16f40e4b274c792.jpg

We wanted to go back to Ireland for my dad's 80th birthday, so we're pretty sad that didn't work out. Depending on schedule/flights we also thought about a quick holiday in Micronesia. None of that has panned out. Que sera and all that!

What did you make of Donegal? It's a funny place, I think. It's quite undeveloped in terms of cities and infrastructure and stuff (like, you wouldn't find a decent guitar shop in Donegal), yet it also manages at the same time to be hiving with visitors and holiday homes. It doesn't have the city amenities, but at the same time it doesn't have the wilderness, because at any moment there's a holiday cottage in sight. Ah well, who am I to judge them? I've always had a pleasant time in Donegal, and I am happy that so many people enjoy it.

The important thing is: what did you think of Donegal?

I do think the Atlantic coastline is stunning, and it has great surfing.

Bummer but I'm sure you'll be trundling west down the silk road in a merchant caravan in no time. :embarrassed:

Spent almost all of it around Glencolumbkille. The coast was stunning but I think it was such a radical departure for me that it was more of an intellectual appreciation. "I know this is stunning" rather than "this is stunning." There was one night when I was walking back to town on a path down to the glen and the big dipper was in an almost perfectly horizontal orientation not that far above the horizon, with the handle over the sea and the dipper over the signal tower and cliff on the other side of the glen. That was truly perfect.

The coast and bogland north of there was suitably wildernessy. More populated to the south but there were some paths where you wouldn't have known any better. Stepped in plenty of sheep shit. :embarrassed: I imagine it's pretty crazy in the summer but it was quiet enough in November. Hope to go back but not unless it's in the very near future or in the fall again. I imagine your crowd tolerance is way better than mine by necessity.

Bummer but I'm sure you'll be trundling west down the silk road in a merchant caravan in no time. :embarrassed:

Spent almost all of it around Glencolumbkille. The coast was stunning but I think it was such a radical departure for me that it was more of an intellectual appreciation. "I know this is stunning" rather than "this is stunning." There was one night when I was walking back to town on a path down to the glen and the big dipper was in an almost perfectly horizontal orientation not that far above the horizon, with the handle over the sea and the dipper over the signal tower and cliff on the other side of the glen. That was truly perfect.

The coast and bogland north of there was suitably wildernessy. More populated to the south but there were some paths where you wouldn't have known any better. Stepped in plenty of sheep shit. :embarrassed: I imagine it's pretty crazy in the summer but it was quiet enough in November. Hope to go back but not unless it's in the very near future or in the fall again. I imagine your crowd tolerance is way better than mine by necessity.

That actually sounds quite lovely. I often forget how beautiful Ireland can be in moments like that. I am glad you had that moment.

I'm also glad you mentioned the Silk Road. Northwest China is by far my favorite part of China (irony, I live in Guangdong). I was very lucky that my job sent me to Dunhuang in Gansu, N.W. China ,one of the most important destinations on the Silk Road. Gratuitous pictures, ahoy!

Attachments

• P71111-175316.jpg
    P71111-175316.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 185
  • P71111-153635.jpg
    P71111-153635.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 180
  • P71111-172856.jpg
    P71111-172856.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 182
  • P71111-173850.jpg
    P71111-173850.jpg