WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Becoming one of my all time fave songs this. That ending on it gets me. Every time.
Ninet absolutely slays on it, damn near a scandal there isn't a pro shot vid of her doing it on that tour. Blimey, what a voice on that woman :love:
Dave Kilminster doing a fairly decent job on it as well, as one would expect. :wink:

This.

I'm still not sure there are, ever were, or ever will be a better singer than Joni in her prime. Such mastery of her instrument and holy shit what a great songwriter. Then she hand picks one of the best backing backing bands in popular music history. I don't know that anyone could do anything close to this today. Sting came the closest with the Dream of Blue Turtles band...maybe he nailed it, but the guitarist wasn't anywhere near Pat's level. To be fair, how many musicians are?

Then for some reason I landed on Sweaty Knockers - not literally, you pigs. :embarrassed:

Guthrie is just...something else.

Mmmmm knockers :love:

And yes, Guthrie is like a walking encyclopedia of music who can call up anything at any time.

Most striking thing with this though is the chemistry between the three...

Turnpike Troubadours - A Long Way From Your Heart

All Them Witches - Our Mother Electricity

Royal Blood - How Did We Get So Dark

Mmmmm knockers :love:

And yes, Guthrie is like a walking encyclopedia of music who can call up anything at any time.

Most striking thing with this though is the chemistry between the three...

Yep, the chemistry really is the thing with that band. With some bands you can tell they're having an absolute blast playing together.
And that really is how it should be imo. :)

Guthrie really is an insane player. Love that he can also easily adjust to being a kickass sideman as well with the other gigs he does.
Very few of the "shred" guys can actually do that convincingly.

Come on, listening to Joe Buck commentate on a baseball game isn't nearly as bad as listening to Larry Merchant and Jim Lampley call a boxing match together :chow2:

Your taste in boxing play-by-play is as bad as... your taste in other stuff.

On my way in I was listening to the John Lennon Acoustic CD. Some demo versions of songs, and some live tracks that were amazingly good. There is too much effect (flanger, I believe) on the guitar for some of the demos, but all in all one of my favorite Lennon discs. Watching the Wheels has a very different feel on this; it was interesting to hear how the song changed in the studio.

On my way in I was listening to the John Lennon Acoustic CD. Some demo versions of songs, and some live tracks that were amazingly good. There is too much effect (flanger, I believe) on the guitar for some of the demos, but all in all one of my favorite Lennon discs. Watching the Wheels has a very different feel on this; it was interesting to hear how the song changed in the studio.

Yeah, I love that ‘Watching the Wheels’ acoustic demo.

The Call: Modern Romans

Here's the lead track. Very underrated band for my ears, but there used to be only so much fame to go around, even for the talented. Today? Not so much...fame for everyone, talent not an issue.

This arrived from Amazon today.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back