wok

Unholy Meat Obelisk
That's right, spelled without an 'e'. Scotch only in this thread :cop:

Highland%20Park%20Thor-bottle-and-box.jpg

Reactions: Tig
FUCK YEAH!!!

Errr, I mean

FUCK AYE!!! :embarrassed:

Here's a confession, lately I've been drinking a lot of JD. That's fine you say, nothing wrong with JD you say, it's a good inexpensive tipple you say.

And I agree.

Except it's been the Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey :embarrassed:

That's right, the one specifically created for women, Yankee's, Democrats and other such folks.

It's not that great tasting, OK, but way too sweet. Here's the thing though. I can drink as much as I like and not get a hangover. It would be truly be the nectar of the gods if it actually tasted decent. :shrug:

I think it's because it's lower strength at 35%. Still though, 35%. That's strong. I can drink it like wine and feel fine the next day :confused:

Passport.

Passport%20Scotch%200_7l.jpg

When I was in college, my roommate would pour a bottle of Passport into a Dewar's bottle and think he was going high class.

Reactions: Tig
I remember(sort of) getting quite embarrassingly drunk at a work Christmas party with this stuff.....
Ballantines..jpg

It was held at the bosses house and I passed out under the kitchen table :facepalm:

I do remember having a lengthy conversation with an elderly fellow about his old playing days in Hawaii. He owned a beautiful Gretsch Country Gentleman. He allowed me to play it but I declined because of how hammered I was. I wasn't about to handle a multi-thousand dollar instrument.

I bought some VAT69 today, it's my favourite sub £18 blend

f5vt4t4.jpg

Sadly the really good ones are continuing to get more expensive, can't see it stopping either.

The Macallan 18 is a good example, I remember it was only £40 a bottle less than ten years ago, now the various versions of it are £120 each. Great whisky though

The Macallan 18 is a good example, I remember it was only £40 a bottle less than ten years ago, now the various versions of it are £120 each. Great whisky though

Yeah - it runs over $160.00 USD a bottle here. Which is why I have not had any yet.

Prices have been really rising lately. A year or two ago £30 was my standard price for a reasonable bottle of single malt. Now it's more like £40 :(

Of course you can go WAY higher than that.

I had it recently at my brothers stag weekend, it was £15 a shot and it was still terrific, but there's no way I could justify buying that or the bottle normally.

Yeah £40 is my limit for a treat of a bottle - otherwise it's sub £20 blends for me :embarrassed:

Back